View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Planning Continued

Sorry, I thought I could edit an existing post...oh well, here is the rest...

Now, the rods above will be used during a 4 day period at the atoll, so there are rods to be used primarily and some backup rods thrown in the mix.
    A tip I can give is, if like me, you will probably fish the salt once every 5 years, then shop around for gear, bearing in mind, try and get best that you can afford. As you all know, cheap gear won’t cut it here. So, I went about searching the auctions ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
  2. Bassas - The Planning

Now, the Planning Phase…eish…I am a Planner by profession, but this time round, my prep and planning was quite “deurmekaar”, but, hey, I am finally there…one or two fine tunes to carry out…then I am 100% ready…(in my mind at least)
    Please hear me out…I am Saltwater Fly Virgin….so I am going on what I have learnt from others and have tried my best to prepare…so obviously, I have missed some things…just bare with me…ok!!!! Oh, I yes, I know I am going to get a hiding…lol…ok, moving on… ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
  3. Bassas Da India - Shammers Planning Tips...

The History…

It all started last year, when my mates from Phalaborwa went on their 2nd trip to Bassas last year May. After arriving at Vilanculos, boarding the Catamaran and sailing 36hrs or so to reach the Atoll, one of the deck hands got violently ill, the trip was aborted and off they sailed back to Vilanculos. So, as a result of the trip being cancelled, they were offered the same trip again, fully catered, from the 20May’12 through to the 27May’12. One of my mates pulled out, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Bassas Da India - May 2012

Ok...never mucked around in a blog before...so here goes...let me see if I can keep a blog here about my up and coming Bassas Trip...so let me think about how to do this...as they say...watch this space...
    Categories
    Uncategorized