View RSS Feed

Niel Malan

1. Who said bigger is better?

2. Blog entry on grunter and kob on surface flies at Breede River

Hi
    I recently had some excellent success for grunters and kob on surface flies at the Breede River and thought you might find it interesting. Read all about it at: https://nielsflyfishingadventures.wordpress.com/
    Regards
    Niel Malan
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Mullet Outing: Hangklip, Cape Town – 23 June 2013

The Mullet Outing: Hangklip, Cape Town – 23 June 2013
    I decided it was time to try and target the mullets in the little bays in this area again. Previously I have had moderate success, but now it was winter and there was a large cold front on the way. Nevertheless, it was spring tide and I decided to brave the expected cold water. Both my fishing buddies opted out – no, in fairness they were out of town and busy with renovations respectively. I arrived around ...

Updated 22-09-14 at 12:26 PM by Niel Malan

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Breede estuary leerie recaptured 839 days later

Quote Originally Posted by Niel Malan View Post
    Hi,
    I tagged a leerie in the Breede estuary on 20 January 2010 (see my catch report below) - 51.5 cm fork length. I just heard that it was recaptured by Shane 839 days later at splash rock in Port Edward KZN - 1144 km further as the crow flies. It grew around 32 cm and was measured at 83 cm fork lenght. Great news - makes up for all the hard work. Thanks for releasing it again Shane - much appreciated.
    Regards
    Niel
    Ps a small leerie I tagged above Mudlark
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. pse assist to find missing fly rod

Quote Originally Posted by Niel Malan View Post
    Hi, I lost a Horizon TRS #7 rod from my trolley in the Cape Town airport on 28.6.2012. It is in a black tube and should have my business card at the bottom of the tube . pse contact me on 082 -5749807 if found/ spotted. Thanks Niel Malan
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast