Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Slimming down

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    What's the cost on these - I like them. Specially 03, 14, 30 and 33
    R20 if you know where to look
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

I second the Hends Body quil - very lekker!

Can't believe no one mentioned pheasant tail fibres, and i like to counter wrap with thin amber or copper wire - lovely effect from such a simple combo.

Also tie some CDC bodies - tie them in like a CDC and Elk, but just the body part. Counter Rib and and it should look stunning and should float very nicely.

Or, tie in no tail, then tie in wire at bend of shank, then palmer a CDC feather forward from the bend to where you want the body to end. Then pull all the cdc fibres back to form a tail, and then secure by ribbing the wire forward. This will also be very nice (but perhaps slightly bulky i guess but depends on type of CDC used).

Another effect i really like is body of peacock herl, counter ribbed with a stripped peacock herl - also simple but lovely effect!
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Very similar to my U.V Nymph. My tail is actually thicker. (deadly0.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    Mario about R30 per spool.
    R20.00 per spool
    Regards
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherFish View Post
    R20.00 per spool
    Wow that is dirt cheap with postage nogals included. Get it now folks.
    Gerrit Viljoen

For slim bodies i use single barbs of the primary wing of various birds.

Egyptian geese
    Spurwing
    Turkey
    Owl
    Herron

These body do get destroyed easily. In order to prevent this i put a layer f super glue before rapping the barbs.

The magnetic tape in old audio tapes work very well to, stretch them and twits to get a nice tube.

Summer Black Horse tail hair.

Tied in size 20

Horse hair abdomen dry 1.jpg

Might have been better in #18

I favor peacock herl and pheasant tail with copper wire as another when needing a little weight.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345