Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The yellows are on this year

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The yellows are on this year

I had an interesting conversation with some forum members on Saturday regarding the fishing so far this year. It seems that everyone (except Rory) is catching bucket loads of fish this season.

The last two season the river was in flood and the fishing was poor to say the least. However, the two years before the floods the fishing also was not as good as this year.

Has the floods of the last two years been good for the Vaal river? Is it because there was less fishing pressure? Did the river get a good flush - and sommer killed all the sick and old fish.

Maybe what we need now are some more floods

I have to agree with you!

I have caught on every outing to the river this season thus far!!

AWESOME!!!!!!
    Tight Knots = Tight Lines

So you are also hoping for more floods this year

Maybe the fish are hungry...

I mean, can you imagine how fast a caddis can move in 1000tons of water.
    So I skeem, they were so hungry for so long, they are eating whatever comes past them.

That would also explain why my k@k flies are working for a change.
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

Mario, when are you planning to release your experimental AMW-resistant yellows? It was great to finally meet you and talk some k@k
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Graham - you should know that it is a top secret experiment and should be treated as such.

BUt yes - the fish are doing great and soon we will be able to release this super bread into the river.

Was lekke having a beer and a lag. We should do it again soon.

I agree....I was there for a few minutes on saturday...

Was great to meet ol' Mario here, Werner, good to see ET1, Andrew and an old hag by the name of Chris Williams..

Also....it was great to meet the Emperor of the Whatever Clan...Borrie Kroos...

Mario...I am still going to take you up on your offer to catch species Z at Location Y on day X...

I will phone you later in the week...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    I agree....I was there for a few minutes on saturday...

Was great to meet ol' Mario here, Werner, good to see ET1, Andrew and an old hag by the name of Chris Williams..

Also....it was great to meet the Emperor of the Whatever Clan...Borrie Kroos...

Mario...I am still going to take you up on your offer to catch species Z at Location Y on day X...

I will phone you later in the week...
    Was nice to see the ones i know and meet all the new faces that have emerged in my untimely absence. Hoping that we will be seeing much of each other in the years to come. BTW we are planning an official flytalk trip for early 2012 so keep it in mind. One to the Vaal and one to trout valley. The more the better.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    I had an interesting conversation with some forum members on Saturday regarding the fishing so far this year. It seems that everyone (except Rory) is catching bucket loads of fish this season.

The last two season the river was in flood and the fishing was poor to say the least. However, the two years before the floods the fishing also was not as good as this year.

Has the floods of the last two years been good for the Vaal river? Is it because there was less fishing pressure? Did the river get a good flush - and sommer killed all the sick and old fish.

Maybe what we need now are some more floods
    you will find th answers here...http://www.yellowfish.co.za/
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

You're a funny man

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast