Thread: Stonehenge

Default Stonehenge

Hey guys,

Has anybody fished at this venue recently, going to be there on 11 and 12 February.

here you go Pieter, http://www.stonehenge.co.uk/, google is your friend . . .
    Andrew Schlosser

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left - Seasick Steve

Funny haha, what do you think of my barbel in my profile pic?

Watch History channel, they are making a documentry about Stonehenge called Ancient Aliens..
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Watch History channel, they are making a documentry about Stonehenge called Ancient Aliens..
    Ancient Alien? You mean Poepernel?

Quote Originally Posted by fario View Post
    ancient alien? You mean poepernel?
    bhwww haaa haa haa h aaaaa..fantastic
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

I assume you are referring to Stonehenge, Parys, South Africa; seeing that it is in the yellowfish category.

Don't think they allow day visitors [last I was there]; mostly conference and wedding stuff. Can't recall ever seeing a post about it on this forum.

What I can tell you is that the rapids in front of it is some of the meanest! Recently river rafted past it, more or less where I was thrown out of the ark... had a nice Herman MD drift for a 100 or so meters before Laura realized she was rowing all by herself

Quote Originally Posted by troutmaster View Post
    I assume you are referring to Stonehenge, Parys, South Africa; seeing that it is in the yellowfish category.

Don't think they allow day visitors [last I was there]; mostly conference and wedding stuff. Can't recall ever seeing a post about it on this forum.

What I can tell you is that the rapids in front of it is some of the meanest! Recently river rafted past it, more or less where I was thrown out of the ark... had a nice Herman MD drift for a 100 or so meters before Laura realized she was rowing all by herself
    Glad that you have joined the club Barend. Just remeber we are an exclusive club of 3 members

Knowing that you were in high flows whilst rafting, what would those waters be like at around less than 40 tons ?
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Going to be there for my dad's 60th birthday, is there any water to fish above or below these fast waters?

hmmm...sure i posted something on here the other day? anywho, you can target the barbel on th sides of the rocks in the deeper pools with big flies...can be fun. otherwise you'll need to swim/boat to the islands where there are fishable channels
    bushveld scalies - worth the blood, sweat and tears