Hi all

My name is Ivann Venter. i.e. IVenter
I was put onto fly fishing by a friend at varsity. And such started the crazy search to catch a fish. I only really did casting practice for the first 10 or so fishing trips, almost sold my kit twice. But then the first fish was landed I was hooked for life.

I live in Honeydew in JHB and work as a process engineer for a water treatment firm were I do mostly commissioning of new plants. I have not really gone fishing enough during the 3 years I have been in JHB, mostly due to working away from home and also because i don’t know where to go. I have made some acquaintances and hope to go fishing once a month this year. I have been to the Vaal once to catch yellows. I fell in love with river fishing, it is so much more intense that catching trout in dams (as most of my fishing has been up to date). I hope to start fly tying this year and hope this forum can help with and with fishing info.

I am married to a wife who doesn’t mind my many hobbies which include woodworking and watching sports (mostly MAN UNITED). My first child will be born in the next 2 months a baby girl.

I hope this is a good enough introduction