Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome to all

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Hi everyone

I just want to say that if you are new, and have not introduced yourself to me (and a couple of other flk on here), it's OKAY!!! The forums members stats currently show:

Members: 2,649,
    Active Members: 574

I REALLY don't need to see 2075 new posts of guys and girls introducing themselves. You can even PM me if you want as well. I don't know you, will most likely never meet you, and thus don't need to know your whole pedigree. If you want to have a chat, feel free, no strings attached - I am not looking for a long-term relationship, or even a short-term relationship!! No offence meant, I imagine you are all great folk, and a meaningful relationship with you would be awesome, but I'm spoken for at this stage.

This is how I feel, milage may vary ....

Now this might be the reason to have a "like" button. Well said.
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Thanks Mario,

I'm one of those who for various complicated and boring reasons didn't introduce myself. Sorry.

At last I feel welcome!!

Can we please let this go now, these conversations have been ruling the forum for days now, I admit I am solely responsible and humbly apologize to everyone, I've had a terrible week.

To all the newcomers, I am sorry for being an @rsehole, I will make a best effort not to be one again.

Let's move on and get back to discussing things that we all enjoy.
    Last edited by wernerm; 12-01-12 at 01:52 PM.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Wernerm, What you said in your original thread probably needed to be said. I've never been plagued by PM's and it must be really annoying when it happens - I now see lots of introductions on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    Let's move on and get back to discussing things that we all enjoy.
    Good idea. Case closed. Let's get back to fly-fishing.

Now - did you ever work out the small stream in the "Guess the stream" thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Taylor View Post
    did you ever work out the small stream in the "Guess the stream" thread?
    Good idea, I'll get back to that
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Great, now I feel like the innocent guy who has just been executed....

No hard feelings Werner, you're a great guy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12