Hi Everyone!

As I understand matters, it is requested by other forum members that new forum members introduce themselves. Well, here goes:

My name is Sean Bosse (Fresh Fish is my forum name), residing in Tableview (Western Cape Province) and practicing as an attorney (for my sins).

My introduction to flyfishing was accidental and came about early in December 2011 following a short visit by my brother in law who wanted to shoot a line at a local quarry. The mere sight and aura of the sport grabbed my attention and then and there I knew that I wanted to persue flyfishing as a hobby!

Admittedly, I have no experience and really don't know much about the sport let alone how to cast a fly line! I guess that is what is also so appealing to me is the adventure to learn something new.

As a real novice, I went along to Sportsman's Wharehouse and purchased the stock standard (mass produced) entry level fly rod that came with an attached reel and line. This has served me well, to date, as I stand in my local park to parctice my casting technique (much to the amusement of those other families in the park wondering if I know that there is no water into which I am casting!!!).

Well, without boring you further with my tales as a novice angler, I am looking forward to this new adventure and I will be making regular visits to this forum and the website to ask you all for much needed help. AND...if anyone has the time and inkling...I would welcome any oppotunity to go out on a day fly fishing with you guys to learn the ropes (or is that flyline!!!).

Best regards

Fresh Fish