Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Quality / service

A quick question:

If your rod is out of "warrantee" would you pay more for the inidividual sections together, if one should break, than for the rod new.

Example:
    A 4 piece rod costs you R1000-00 new (just an example).
    It is out of warrantee and a section breaks.
    Is it fair to charge you R300-00 for a single new section? (4x300=R1200-00)

Shouldn't a replacement section cost less than the individual parts when bought new?

Sections should only be replaced when you bring your whole rod in, with the damaged section - that I aggree with otherwise people would try and buy a rod in sections.

If I knew that I was going to be charged more, or the same for a section - I would have never bothered buying the rod.

Tell that to the Automotive Spare parts industry!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Now that's an interesting question.

Our Horizon sections are a lot less than if you were trying to buy the whole rod. This is because you don't have to pay for the tube and bag, and also do to the fact that the butt section is far more expensive to produce than any other section, as it has the reel seat and grip, and that one section has about as much graphite as the rest of the rod combined. Thus we don't actual carry them as spares, and if someone brings in a rod with a broken butt section, we recommend that they buy a new rod, and thus end up with 3 spare sections, as just replacing the butt would equate to just less than 50% of the replacement value.

On the question about bringing in the balance of the sections, having already said that the butt is very expensive, we have no issues with people buying as many spare sections as they would like.

I'll do the numbers on the top end Horizon XRS.
    Retail Price - R2560
    Replacement Section Price, other than butt - R350
    Replacement Tube - R150

Regards

Ok, makes sense. I am just miffed that I have to pay R350-00 for a Bomber tip plus R70-00 for postage. I Definately did not pay R2.6K for the rod though. More like R1.6K.

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Tell that to the Automotive Spare parts industry!
    Not sure of the validity of the following statement, but apparently they calculated that if you buy a +/- R240 000 car in spare parts, at the official dealer, you would pay in excess of R4 000 000...

anyway...back to fly fishing

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    I am just miffed that I have to pay R350-00 for a Bomber tip plus R70-00 for postage.

Why did you break it?
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Strange you should ask Frederick. And I had two witnesses. I was casting and with the line behind me, as the rod loaded I started the forward cast. I just heard a "clank" and the tip broke in TWO PLACES!

I now have a tip in three pieces

The beads did not hit the rod, there was no structure behind me, and it all happenned in mid air! Maybe the rod took a knock previously, who knows, but it was just very weird.

Bought some stuff from Frontiers again and once again they exceeded my expectations with their top quality service. Well done guys!
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

On Tuesday afternoon I ordered some stuff from Frontiers. I had the parcel delivered to my house on Wednesday morning. Great going guys!

Also ordered some stuff tentatively - but this time the Frontier shop is coming to me!!!! Awesome service with boots personally hand-delivired this coming Saturday (no running away now Mike) morning!!! Let's see who can top service like this!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast