Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Quality / service

1. Default

Thanks G!

Mario, you forgot to tell the folks, that I am leaving at 1AM, to be at you house before your wife wakes up...

Oh, and I believe there is coffee, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, livers, beans, caramelized onion, croissants, cheese, jam and toast involved...

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Fly Fishing View Post
    Thanks G!

Mario, you forgot to tell the folks, that I am leaving at 1AM, to be at you house before your wife wakes up...

Oh, and I believe there is coffee, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, livers, beans, caramelized onion, croissants, cheese, jam and toast involved...
    With that breakfast order I might have to get up at 1AM as well

How about we meet at the Wimpy???
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

3. Default

Just another little nod for The African Fly Angler's service! Made an order from his online shop late on Sunday evening. Quite a large order ito loads of small items ... beads, hooks, bit of this, bit of that. Monday morning early I have an e-mail with a tracking number and my parcel on it's way!! Best online shopping experience I've had locally, and RIGHT up there with anything I've done anywhere else!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Just another little nod for The African Fly Angler's service! Made an order from his online shop late on Sunday evening. Quite a large order ito loads of small items ... beads, hooks, bit of this, bit of that. Monday morning early I have an e-mail with a tracking number and my parcel on it's way!! Best online shopping experience I've had locally, and RIGHT up there with anything I've done anywhere else!!
    Since I live in JHB, I get face-to-face personal service @ Frontier, with a cup of coffee or a beer, depending on the day.

I have bought online/via phone from the following (CT) shops recently:
    - Stream X. Craig is very accomodating and helpful, with great pricing. Delivery has been very prompt and FREE!
    -African Angler. Morne too was helpful and prompt, with a flat delivery fee.
    -Upstream. Mark Krige and I have had some great chats, to both our benefits, and he even shipped my order *before* I paid him for it!

In general, I think that the local guys stand by what they supply and deserve our support.
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Have also ordered from Morne, and have zero complaints.. Really competive prices and great service!
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

Getting fairly bad service from Mudhole at the moment, for those ordering rod building stuff.

I'm waiting for some back ordered stuff that would have taken 7-9 days from the time of order to be shipped (order confirmed on 10 May). Mudhole has just gone completely silent with no reply to any of my e-mails.

I also ordered ultralight guides, but they sent me 3 normal guides along with 1 ultralight in a particular size. I first thought "so what", but it really does show on the rod as they are a different colour as well as a slightly different shape. Again all I'm getting is complete silence from their side on the matter.

i broke my stealth magnum 10ft 6wt , when i called stealth i got the reply "it'll be here at the end of the month" . I needed the rod tip by october and i broke the rod late may . i didn't get my tip for october but in novemeber . i was so annoyed that i didn't buy another stealth product for 2 years and then the infinity 10ft 3wt came and stealths service improved a lot . Great service in the end . Also mias fourways are very quick to get the stuff you want and a great price but you have to know what you want because there are no very experienced fly fishermen in that shop .

So the other day I received a notice in my Po Box. Strange I thought as I wasn't expecting anything..long story short I received a brand new pair of serrated tying scissors from Mike @ Frontier Fly-fishing. Thanks Mike!
    Gerrit Viljoen

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Tamer View Post
    So the other day I received a notice in my Po Box. Strange I thought as I wasn't expecting anything..long story short I received a brand new pair of serrated tying scissors from Mike @ Frontier Fly-fishing. Thanks Mike!
    Pleasure G, give us some feedback when you get a second or 2...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314