Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: my pb smallmouth

Too tired to roll over?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Werner, target yellows, not goliath herons...
    Since you guys think I'm lying I went back early this morning and got this snap of him
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    Since you guys think I'm lying I went back early this morning and got this snap of him
    That is a lovely portrait of Poppernel
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    That is a lovely portrait of Poppernel
    I didn't know pops can swim
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

awesome fish that...long and lean.

must have given a hek of a fight!

those are the ones that keep you going back for more...
    bushveld scalies - worth the blood, sweat and tears

Ek wet nie veel van geelvis af nie maar dit 'n ordentlike vis in enige spesie!! selfs in so paar soutwater spesies!! Congrats!! As for the coments on what, where and how! I'm sure there's a bit of "greennis" coming through! Thats worth a huge foto above any fireplace!
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted. -Einstein

Cracking fish, well done.
    "The best way to shrink a fish is with with a ruler - the best way to grow a fish is with a beer."

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    I'm not paranoid Herman, I know Eendekuil better than any of the people that contributed to this thread and only second to HB so please dont give me that BS about shin deep water.You don't even fish EK so how on earth would you know about spawning habits at said venue? With your experience you should know spawning times differ at times of year AND VENUES. It's freakin high time someone said something about idiotic posts and pics.

Ps.For your information in previous years Tim used to cordon off that area from late September.I wonder why?

Ohhh Gerrit, I was NOT pointing any fingers. My post said WE may be paranoid, not you It was posted as general post, referring to ALL venues.

The spawn beds at : Oord Nebo, Silverstrome, Groenpunt, etc. are all devoid of fish when there is no spawn. Why should Eendekuil be different ?

The telemetric study done about 4 years ago at Wag 'n Bietjie, showed that the tagged female SM ONLY entered "thin" water at spawning time.

Yes, SM do travel through thin water, when not spawning, but that's just to travel.

You are quite correct in that I have not fished Eendekuil nearly as much as you have and I agree you have superior knowledge ito the venue, and that you are a superior f/f to me. I am just a weekend f/f who loves the Vaal who occassionally gets lucky.

I apologise if you took my comment personally, it was not meant so.

Now , put some dry panties on, tie some more magic fly's and stroke the cat.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Herman I was TELLING you that I'm not paranoid and yes I get frustrated when I take time on a daily basis to post informative info and I get taken for an idiot after I've done my "time" on the Vaal,not even mentioning EK.I still CARE about the Vaal you know and hence my raves. I also couldn't care less about snide comments towards me. I'm not gonna shut it and let it fly by anymore and if the okes can't handle it move on or ignore me.
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 17-01-12 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    Herman I was TELLING you that I'm not paranoid and yes I get frustrated when I take time on a daily basis to post informative info and I get taken for an idiot after I've done my "time" on the Vaal,not even mentioning EK.I still CARE about the Vaal you know and hence my raves. I also couldn't care less about snide comments towards me. I'm not gonna shut it and let it fly by anymore and if the okies can't handle it move on or ignore me.
    Gerrit, anyone who thinks you are an idiot is a FOOL.

All the Newbies signing up would be well advised to "Beg " you for a trip.

P.S. Newbies, Gerrit does not answer PM's.

P.M. me and I will give you his cell no.

Joking Gerrit, just joking.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast