View Poll Results: Do I report the dams to water affairs?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 83.33%
  • No

1 3.33%
  • Who cares

4 13.33%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Holsloot Dam

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I did speak to Anchen Stofberg. She is only aware of a weir/rockpile at the Conference venue which was part of the landscaping they have done when the venue was built. Consequently most of it has been washed away.

I also got a hold of Ernst just now and said that there is some concerns being voiced about weirs/dams on his property. He said all CPS members are fishing above his property and that he is not aware what all the fuss is about. Anyone can contact him directly with more detailed information.

The water bailiff below the dam wall would surely see this since he is driving on this road everyday and acts in the interest of water affairs. I can't see how Ernst would be doing something openly that is not in line with the law.
    Neil, gain I must repeat that I was thinking of acting as a private citizen, not a member of the CPS.
    The statement made by Anchen is blatantly false, and a quick look at google earth, will show no wiers, but there are now two big ones on the area she is referring to. There is another one hidden further down.
    The water bailifs concerns are the big dam, and as far as I know he is employed by the municipality not water affairs.

Philip it seems your call has now implicated and involved the CPS.
    Regards
    Craig

I spoke to Ernst on behalf of Fly Talk, and also said so (concerned fly fishers) and not the CPS. I don't believe he perceived it as a call from the CPS.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherFish View Post
    The statement made by Anchen is blatantly false, and a quick look at google earth, will show no wiers, but there are now two big ones on the area she is referring to.
    I can confirm that - definately two in the section where you drive next to the conference centre. Didn't see the hidden one though.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by JCD View Post
    Only entertainment now is the nerd wrestling on "best mobile phone"
    Hehe, great comment!!!! Haven't been called a nerd in a long time. Thanks for that, reminds me of the good ol days
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7