Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mr. Padda man!

Quote Originally Posted by OllieOwen View Post
    Here's the pic of the "worm" legs.
    Nice Ollie, waar kan ek koop van dit?

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    Nice Ollie, waar kan ek koop van dit?
    Daai lyk soos die standaard wurms wat jy in bass shop kry, sny net die stert af. Ek is skaam om te sê ek het 'n vol bass spinner kit en ek het van hulle.

Anyone on this site want to swop me for ff stuff?
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

FlyFanatic Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Wat is die verskil tussen 'n Padda en 'n Parra.

Die eerste vang jy in die vlei, en eet dit in die restuarant.

Die tweede vang jy in die restuarant en eet dit by die vlei.
    Hehe Herman jou vuilbyler!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ko7Ad View Post
    Hi Gerrit,

Awesome flies as always! could you please direct me to your supplier for those foam cylinders? mail order friendly preferably. Cant seem to find anything listed on any of the local sites, and I am rather lazy to phone all the shops to check if they have any.

My saltwater popper collection consists of a total... wait for it....of 3 flies!! I really need to change that

Thanks,
    Howzit Ko7Ad,

Try some old plakkies/sloffies, I have heard that the foam will suffice (PS - don't go cutting up your crocs, please). Pluspoint is that you can shape if any way you want to...

Clolour might be a problem but probably worth a shot?

Regards

B

Oom G...........u think they can throw that deep into the lilies and retreive without hooking up?
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Flubber View Post
    Howzit Ko7Ad,

Try some old plakkies/sloffies, I have heard that the foam will suffice (PS - don't go cutting up your crocs, please). Pluspoint is that you can shape if any way you want to...

Clolour might be a problem but probably worth a shot?

Regards

B
    Thanks,

I once cut up those little foam boards the kids use to when they learn to swim at school thinking its perfect.. but never managed to shape lekka with them. So I actually wanted to try the real mc-coy popper foam to see how it feels compared to other foams...

But I have a pair of black slops at home that I have used once, will give them a shot as I'm sure the foam is a higher density than the foam board I tried before.

Cheers
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

[QUOTE=The Largie Whisperer;214737]I've always wanted to tie an easy peasy adult floating Frog pattern and I think I finally got the recipe right. Basically a foam cylinder for the body and Squirrel skins for legs. Some additional triggers are the white belly, the 3D eyes,some specific coloring with black dots and a hot thread head.I've tied up some for a mate in the Cape (he's tired of catching Trout, going to target those monster SM Bess instead ) but I'm having the first jab with these come next week.

Hi Gerrit
    Het jy al so 'n tipe vlieg soos hierdie (of enige topwater vlieg) op 'n helder maanlig aand probeer vir LM's. Dis nogal iets wat ek gedink om te try hierdie jaar.

Quote Originally Posted by swsmith View Post
    Oom G...........u think they can throw that deep into the lilies and retreive without hooking up?
    Probably not but it's not intended for that. More of an open water dropped next to structure kinda fly. It's suppose to pull fish from deep.

[QUOTE=BrianNel;214864]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    I've always wanted to tie an easy peasy adult floating Frog pattern and I think I finally got the recipe right. Basically a foam cylinder for the body and Squirrel skins for legs. Some additional triggers are the white belly, the 3D eyes,some specific coloring with black dots and a hot thread head.I've tied up some for a mate in the Cape (he's tired of catching Trout, going to target those monster SM Bess instead ) but I'm having the first jab with these come next week.

Hi Gerrit
    Het jy al so 'n tipe vlieg soos hierdie (of enige topwater vlieg) op 'n helder maanlig aand probeer vir LM's. Dis nogal iets wat ek gedink om te try hierdie jaar.
    Vir Forelle ja maar nie Grootbekke nie, bietjie te dodgy alleen op die river daai tyd van die nag. Daai scream desperate!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3