Thread: Felt sole Boots/river pollution

Default Felt sole Boots/river pollution

Waiting for a reply from my guide for my trip in August on Felt soled boots and there use in Europe ( UK and France)....Does anyone have any info in the meantime about concerns with the transfer cross border river diseases from these boots.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Hi Nick

According to me their are no ban on felt soles as yet.

The only requirement is that the boots must be clean and dry. That was with Australia.

The best would be to check the border control website for the country your going to visit.

Regards
    Albé

Im also not sure about the current legislation, but you should be really sure! Last I recalled NZ had a $100000 fine and or 5 year prison sentence for wilfull introduction of didimo....!!!

Personally I think dont even chance it - that crap can stick to anything, and doesnt clean off 100% - the risk of screwing up some river is huge... Species introductions cost the global economy about 5-10% of GLOBAL GDP per year. Its all bad news.

Here's an old post on disease transferal through felt soles and waders. Really a personal responsibility to keep gear clean rather than legislation I think. There was another thread on this years back specific to the topic, but it is eluding me.

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showt...disease&page=2
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Thanks guys my guide emailed he says laws are a foot pun intended he Will keep me posted. i had to laugh he said i might need waders its the middle of august he said i Will need a 4 weight but the biggest brown is only going to be 16 inches. bloody English over compensate for everything.:-)
    Last edited by nicholas; 26-01-12 at 06:47 PM.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.