Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Clarens

I can only imagine what the reading was next to the water, remember there was a cold front.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

You wouldn't feel the cold so much anyway Werner, not with your new avatar's towel draped over your head like Oscar De La Hoya...

Should have worn that the weekend in Clarens. Man it was cold
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Pheasant Tail Nymph Banned User

Question Tactics and flies

Hey guys,

I'm heading to Clarence On the 12 to the 15 of July.
    I've never fished there before but I see some of you have. Some advice on which waters to fish etc. would be helpfull. I have read the article in the TCFF. But additional info can't hurt.

I Have fished craigrossie before and had a very good morning,
    there are two dams if i remember correct, I fished the dam across the way from the main house on the oppisite edge, caught and released a few nice trout, i think I used PTN and flashback nymph (favorite flies), even swambo managed to hook a few fish that day but somehow she cant remember to keep the line tight so she lost a few (barbless hooks)

Default De Molen

I have spend a morning at the De Molen Guest house. They have a river going through there and it was pretty good. I had to convince the old man to let me fish though because he doesn't allow any day fishing. The guest house is on your left if you drive from Clarens to Golden Gate National Park. Tel. no. 058-2561096.

Quote Originally Posted by vanderw View Post
    I have spend a morning at the De Molen Guest house. They have a river going through there and it was pretty good. I had to convince the old man to let me fish though because he doesn't allow any day fishing. The guest house is on your left if you drive from Clarens to Golden Gate National Park. Tel. no. 058-2561096.
    That's odd, we were there at the end of May and they were quite happy to discuss day fishing. I had spoken to them about a month earlier after reading the TCFF article, and then rocked up un-announced. The stillwater was completely frozen over and the river also had quite a bit of ice, so I did not fish it Accomodation wise, De Molen will be the place I choose to stay when visiting Clarens next, nice setting and friendly people.

Default Clarens

It was over a long weekend though. They were fully booked on the accomodation side. But it is a very nice venue though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2