Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Advice for the Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor28 View Post
    Im From Durban, living in the UK at the moment, thanks I will get in contact with the guys recommended
    March is a good time to hit the streams for trout...if the weather ever starts cooling down. Good luck with the trip, bet your be glad to be back in SA.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Trevor

Contact Graeme Field from Liquid Horizon (website of same name). He is definitely also worth contacting.
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Nicholas do you do any salt water fly fishing?
    Fly-fishing is the most fun you can have standing up

Cant wait, we try do as much fishing as we can in the UK but it exspensive, salt water wise we try when the wind isnt blowing a gale, limited over here to species really only go for mullet, pollock and seabass, Kevin Liquid Horizon is on my list to contact they were recommended by a friend of mine, just wanted to see what else I could find out
    Last edited by Trevor28; 06-02-12 at 07:42 PM.

Nicholas do you do any salt water fly fishing?
    Never tried it Trevor to be honest,the streams take up any spare time i have, must say it has been something i wanted to give a bash maybe next season, but first need to make sure i save a few pennies for the gear.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Cant wait, we try do as much fishing as we can in the UK but it exspensive, salt water wise we try when the wind isnt blowing a gale, limited over here to species really only go for mullet, pollock and seabass, Kevin Liquid Horizon is on my list to contact they were recommended by a friend of mine, just wanted to see what else I could find out
    Yep cost is a killer in the UK, have you tried down in the south west Plymouth, i am from there been in SA 10 years now, the tamar Eusturies are mean't to be good.
    James Boswell.

I will have a look when the Seabass season opens again, we normally go to Portsmith we know a South African guy that runs a charter down there

Is it worth looking into Hermanus or Bot River? Check if Louis Day is still around and giving advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Rob View Post
    Is it worth looking into Hermanus or Bot River? Check if Louis Day is still around and giving advice.
    Nothing happening in Hermanus - except sharks with surf tackle off the beach. The lagoon seems pretty dead (End of December)

I did hear a report of a couple of Garrick from Bot River Lagoon, but cannot confirm it.

If it's esturies you're looking for, the Breede is certainly the best in the area.

Philip posted that he'd caught three Leeries at Blakes beach (Strand area) the other day.

Thumbs up Contact details

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Thanks Dave had figured that bit out,was checking if he was FROM SA.
    Howzit, welcome to the forum. Upstream Flyfishing in Wynberg, Cape Town and Stream X are two good places to ask for advice, should you not come right on the forum.

Hope you come right. PS - should you not be able to travel, Zandvlei is also an option (but I gather your pounds will take you places).

Just google the contacts.

Regards and tight lines
    Barend Badenhorst

"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~by Chuck Clark~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast