Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fish in the Jukskei

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    hahaha Darryl... this is too funny!!! I can't even picture you running now, let alone jumping a wall...:biggrin:
    Cheeky bugger! In my yoof I weighed 69kg's. In the army I ran a 2.4km in 7 mins 30 secs and had a resting pulse of 33. These days with a bit of a run up I would probably flatten the fence ;-)
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Cheeky bugger! In my yoof I weighed 69kg's. In the army I ran a 2.4km in 7 mins 30 secs and had a resting pulse of 33. These days with a bit of a run up I would probably flatten the fence ;-)
    Hahaha... Darryl you legend!! As for being cheeky, that's what the youth is for... My turn will come! Mind you at the age of 30, I'm already getting flak.. :biggrin: I'd pay good money to watch you run up and jump the fence....hahaha!! Mr Lampert you legend!
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    Anyone ever did the Hennops Hiking Trail?
    Once, never again. I do know a farmer on the Hennops a few km from that 4x4 Trail that has a really good stretch with some really good fish, haven't been there in years though. I fished it probably 5 or 6 years ago, back then the viz was fantastic, now it's also fantastic if you are a plumber.

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Once, never again. I do know a farmer on the Hennops a few km from that 4x4 Trail that has a really good stretch with some really good fish, haven't been there in years though. I fished it probably 5 or 6 years ago, back then the viz was fantastic, now it's also fantastic if you are a plumber.
    The viz has gone because your eyesight is sh@t. he..he..
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    The viz has gone because your eyesight is sh@t. he..he..
    Nah, Pops you don't need eyesight to smell that you need a plumber to earn his bread and butter

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Nah, Pops you don't need eyesight to smell that you need a plumber to earn his bread and butter
    Thats gross then!!!!
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Thats gross then!!!!
    They had a race on the Hennops last year and more than 50% of the participants needed more than a plumber and a doctor after that race.

The thing that stuffed up the Hennops is the usual suspects, but that cesspool they call Verwoedburg Meer catches everything up and just sends all of it downstream. When you go over the Hennops in Irene it looks like it snowed, cause there is foam floating on that water that will give a Foam Party over a Matric Holiday in Margate a go any day of the week!!!

So now you give the Municipality a call like they did in Witbank/ Emalahleni and the mayor responds by saying that she did not know that there was a problem. Halala Africa!!!

hi guys,

I have caught barble and carp in the sand river that runs through Rivonia...
    lots of fish... one of the pools had as many as 14 carp in it...

here is a pic of my mate with fish from that river
    Sandton-20121025-01197.jpg

ps the fish was released

Quote Originally Posted by NicIsab View Post
    hi guys,

I have caught barble and carp in the sand river that runs through Rivonia...
    lots of fish... one of the pools had as many as 14 carp in it...

here is a pic of my mate with fish from that river
    Sandton-20121025-01197.jpg

ps the fish was released
    Where do you guys fish, I have checked it out before but looks unsafe to fish alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Pipe View Post
    Where do you guys fish, I have checked it out before but looks unsafe to fish alone!
    we fish the river near the bridge that you go over when heading from rivonia into sunninghill...

I do get onto the water via a private property though.. send me a pm if you are interested in giving it a go !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast