Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: not recommended - the venue eliminator thread

Quote Originally Posted by gazzarowan View Post
    not on the vaal, but got this little guy while fishing for Clanwilliams on Thursday last week...

not sure of the species, but was a heck of a surprise...

any ideas what it is?

got it on a size 16 nymph in a deeper pool
    A 13-spot But, I might have miscounted

not on the vaal, but got this little guy while fishing for Clanwilliams on Thursday last week...

any ideas what it is?

Think it's a juvenile Clanwilliam Redfin Minnow
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Ive had some great days at kloofzicht , the fish in the river are large scale and are quite hard to get. The carp and bass are quite fun to catch and the river feels quite wild when you are down there . It's worth a day just targeting the carp .
    Last edited by craig1; 31-03-12 at 09:58 PM.

any ideas what it is?

Now did you wet your hands before handling that fish, doesn't look like it...

kloofzicht is an awesome venue for an afternoon of fishing . a venue that i believe isn't worth the time or the money is on the rocks near protoria . i went there to see if it was decent and landed one rainbow that fought like an old boot . the water was brown and it just wasn't my cup of tea .

It may just be the season (end of the summer of '13 ), but Clarens Golf and Trout estate is definitely more golf than trout. I got the feeling they are simply just not stocking anymore. I cast a line in the main dam on Sunday, but it seemed completely dead. No one (security etc) knew what the rules regarding fishing was etc. In the house we stayed in there was an info brochure that states you need to get a permit from the estate manager over weekends, but I could not get hold of him. Fishing just seems off the cards regarding this estate.

I was not there for the fishing but for work. But if you ever wanted to go to cast a line in this area, rather look somewhere else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123