Thread: Epoxy baitfish

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Epoxy baitfish

I experimented with an epoxy baitfish imitation that I found in a magazine. The tail they used was from either marabou or chamois. That didn't tickle my fancy very much, so decided to go with sf blend. Here is one with just the sf blend and one modified with silicone sealant and trimmed.. The other variables I want to play with are colors and body shapes and sizes.

i saw this yesterday in the mag...looked good and the tail was from Chamois...didnt look great...

like your tie though very much.
    bushveld scalies - worth the blood, sweat and tears

Quote Originally Posted by gazzarowan View Post
    i saw this yesterday in the mag...looked good and the tail was from Chamois...didnt look great...

like your tie though very much.
    Thank you gazzarowan, this will definately keep me busy and out of trouble for a while!

what are your plans for that fly?

Still not to sure, I reckon bass might fall for them and after snorkling in Pongola river in Jozini and seeing the baitfish, I will definately take some with next time I go there. Might also give them a go when I get the opportunity for some salt water action! First I will play around with colors and shapes... What do you reckon?

smaller tigers would def chow them, all colours abd bonnies etc salt water will for sure...

bass eat anything haha. make one of them double jointed and you'll destroy the bass...(first hook clip off point, second hook tie on the tail - lovely action)