Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Slimline Kingi Seeker By Jax

Default Slimline Kingi Seeker By Jax

This is a fly I have been trying on our Local King Fish. So Far it has had a good reception and my fishing buddy has landed two good Rats. I on the otherhand have been on the camera as the fish can't or won't see my offerings. Next Time!!! Jax
    A man is only as big as the things that annoy him.

Interesting fly Uncle Jax!!! Do you weight it?

Also do you fish on a Floating line or a sinking line?
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

No Frederick, I don't weight it other than a good coating of Epoxy on the head.
    Used either with a floating line or an Intermediate Sink Shooting head. I am a Fan of Surface action and love fishing the TOP. More fun and the Takes can be spectacular.
    Am working on some small surface Popper type flies at present for the Rat [Small] kingies that are feeding in the Shallows. Will be giving them a Try Out tomorrow A.M. Jax

Good to know, Give us a nice report back when you have some success on the Rat Kingies tomorrow.
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Hi Went out yesterday A.M. and fished the incoming tide. Not a sign of a Kingi. Just after the turn of the tide I managed to tempt two small Kahawai to sample my Small Popper. Photos enclosed. Jax
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jax; 15-03-12 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Spelling

Hi Poppernel; See! Your tuition worked. I can now post properly. Many Thanks for your help. jax

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Hi Went out yesterday A.M. and fished the incoming tide. Not a sign of a Kingi. Just after the turn of the tide I managed to tempt two small Kahawai to sample my Small Popper. Photos enclosed. Jax
    Hi Jax,

Well done on the fish and thank you for the report. The fly looks very good!
    Frederick

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Hi Poppernel; See! Your tuition worked. I can now post properly. Many Thanks for your help. jax
    Was a pleasure Jax, anytime you're welcome. Very nice fly.that.
    DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Hi Jax,

Nice fly - When you say kingfish, are you talking about this fish:

In South Africa, we call that a Yellowtail and we call the following a Kingfish:

I spose the fly would work for both though!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Yes gkieser; The yellow Tail is our local Kingi. Landed a good few of the South African Kingfish in my early days on the Natal North and South Coast.
    I would like to Lift a copy of that Kingfish for my Files if O.K. with you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast