Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vice Choice. Dynaking Vs Jay Vs Renzetti

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    At one Sage you need to move on and get over it Ben.

I guess you are right, I don't really have a Sage Vantage point on this matter. I will leave to the experts then...

Dis reg ken jou plek.

[QUOTE=BenzoV;219535]Renzetti is so Sage.

Then which one is the Scott ?
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

[QUOTE=petercoetzee;219545]
    Quote Originally Posted by BenzoV View Post
    Renzetti is so Sage.

Then which one is the Scott ?
    talking to to self: "ken jou plek ken jou plek ken jou plek..."

Quote Originally Posted by petercoetzee View Post
    this is a horrid decision to make. The dyna king kicks everythings ass as far as big fish flies go. The Jvice has that local appeal and I respect the type of businessman J is. The renzetti is hot.
    While I would recommend a Renzetti as the best all-round vice, since you say you tie saltwater, go for the J-vice *with the saltwater material clip*. This is the best accssory I have seen for holding hair/synthetic wings in place.

Check one out.
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

Hey guys thanks for all the comments. I had an in depth discussion about it over dinner last night and left the final decision to my girlfriend, based on the pictures presented.... because to be honest this is a beauty contest. Renzetti Master it is.

I need to start buying the absolute best of everything as far as tackle goes.... That way I wont end up buying multiples of each item. I broke both my big Tibors drags last year (Gulfstream and Riptide) and replacement parts have become a nightmare in Ted and Mariannes absence. So from now its Charltons Makos in the reel department. No greasing drags, panicking over broken bearings and having to strip down after submersing...
    Last edited by petercoetzee; 15-03-12 at 10:12 AM.
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

Hey guys thanks for all the comments. I had an in depth discussion about it over dinner last night and left the final decision to my girlfriend, based on the pictures presented.... because to be honest this is a beauty contest. Renzetti Master it is.

I need to start buying the absolute best of everything as far as tackle goes.... That way I wont end up buying multiples of each item. I broke both my big Tibors drags last year (Gulfstream and Riptide) and replacement parts have become a nightmare in Ted and Mariannes absence. So from now its Charltons Makos in the reel department. No greasing drags, panicking over broken bearings and having to strip down after submersing...
    Good choice - but then again, if you had chosen any of the other 2 I would also have said that If you chose the Cuda I would have said great choice though
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Nice congrats!

You should have said that spending money was not an issue - Renzetti Master it is then.
    I would still recommend you look at the Saltwater Material Clip from Jay - I am sure he will have/makle one to fit the Renzetti.
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast