Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: saltwater Guides in Cape Town

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Botes View Post
    I agree Andre! No Thanks!!!!
    Jou beatch, dit is mooi
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    I'm not sure how "new" or whatever, but I spoke to a guy today and he said something about the guys ripping the Leeries at Sandvlei a week or so ago when the mouth opened. He said it was on Sealine. Any of you guys heard anything? Apparently they were using multiple hooks and just hauling the fish out. Like I say, this was in the pub so......
    Here we go rols

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showt...715#post219715

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzLiteBeer View Post
    Anyone heard anything about the leerie massacre at Zandvlei on Monday night 12-03-2012?

Extract from an email I received....

I drove past sandvlei bridge towards surfers corner at 22h30 last night and noticed a crowd at the river mouth.I stopped to check what was happening and was appalled to see the decimation of mostly undersized Leerfish. There were some huge specimens taken as well.These were in the 85 to 90cm range. I learnt from one of the "anglers"that they caught more last night (friday) than this evening.One guy apparently caught 16 fish.This is only hearsay though.This evening (Saturday)one of the anglers had already caught 6 Leerfish by the time I had got there and while I was there he had caught another 2.I asked if it was not illegal to take so much fish and was told something about my mothers anatomy above her knees and below her navel.I definately did not see myself get into a fight with a ruly mob of testosterone filled thugs without my usual suspects to whatch my back so I decided to call reinforcements.To my disbelief NOBODY answered the phone at MCM.I decided to leave and come post this on sealine.

Juan Nomdo
    Environmental Coordinator
    Environmental Resource and Heritage Management
    Metro Office

Wc salt isn't for everyone

Trout streams in the wc are pretty but not exactly challenging where blanks are few and far between fish plentiful and quite accommodating
    The fishing is more about the surroundings and location if it was in a city in a concrete furrow it wouldn't be worth it

The salt on the other hand is about the fish
    is almost a blank garenteed to start
    But and it's a BIG BUT when you do get it right it's memorable
    One Garrick ,Grunter ,BlackTail or yellowtail
    Can make 10 fruitless trips and all the hard cold wet hours in the wind and the sore hands worth it

If instant gratification is your thing then wc salt is probably not for you !!
    /d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    I'm not sure how "new" or whatever, but I spoke to a guy today and he said something about the guys ripping the Leeries at Sandvlei a week or so ago when the mouth opened. He said it was on Sealine. Any of you guys heard anything? Apparently they were using multiple hooks and just hauling the fish out. Like I say, this was in the pub so......
    Rols, the details are on the CPS facebook page.
    Regards
    Craig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12