Thread: Back for good!

Default Back for good!

Hi Flytalk Forum

Started flyfihing probably 15 years ago but somehow managed to let go. My fly jacket got stolen 6 years ago with 95% of my kit, reels, spare spools, lines, flies and all else, except rods, landing net and few spare flies.

Only recently started replacing again and the fever is growing. Great to have a forum like this. Make things just so much easier to catch up on equipment, techniques, venue's etc. Thanks to those whom are so willing to share. I am sure to spend many hours reading and learning.

This weekend I will be casting a fly for the first time in many years and counting the hours.

Buks Coetzee

Smile

Welcome BCEC, you will enjoy this forum - alot of info available and some brains that you could pick here....
    Fish - Where?.................................het hom!!!!

Thanks coop!

WElcome Buks.

Which species are you planning to target ?
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    WElcome Buks.

Which species are you planning to target ?
    Hi Herman,

Mainly freshwater for now. In the past mananged trout, bass, and in the search for yellows some onderbek and moggel. Was quite disgusted when I thought I had my first yellow and out comes a moggel. At that stage never even thought one could catch a moggel and especially a inderbek on a fly.

Definately want to conentrate on yellow and barbel but from now on rod goes where I go. And would not mind the odd moggel and onderbek!

As mentioned I am still busy acquiring new kit and only have 5-6 rod (Redington) and 5 weight reel (Explorer XPLA ii) with floating and intermediate lines. I do have 6-7 rod as well but must still get reel and line.

Cheers

Welcome, welcome
    ".....angling is a sport that requires as much enthusiasm as poetry, as much patience as mathematics and as much caution as housbreaking". - James Rennie 1883

Quote Originally Posted by Stones View Post
    Welcome, welcome
    Thanks Stones. Been following your posts on Sealine as well.

Cheers