Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Glue to secure Braided Loops on Sinking Line

If you're fishing the Gamtoos on the push from the banks ... you need a really fast sinker.

I used to love my Teeny TS250 with the 30' shooting head/sink tip (7IPS) which allows you to make shorter back casts in order
    to get the full line out, with the tip sinking like a stone while the running line remains on top of the surface allowing you to
    mend (because you're fishing mostly across the current) and remain in control.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Cool Cool

I was just thinking about those steep dunes the other day. Have you fished Kromme River before?? We got nice leeries on Sat in the Aston Lagoon then went to Kromme River on Sunday morning but not a single nible..not sure If I fished the wrong tides etc.. Dont know who I can ask who has previous Kromme experience?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    If you're fishing the Gamtoos on the push from the banks ... you need a really fast sinker.

I used to love my Teeny TS250 with the 30' shooting head/sink tip (7IPS) which allows you to make shorter back casts in order
    to get the full line out, with the tip sinking like a stone while the running line remains on top of the surface allowing you to
    mend (because you're fishing mostly across the current) and remain in control.

Want I do for my sinkers (and heavy floaters) is create a loop in the fly line with superglue (I'd glue a section of about 2cm for an #8). Then whip it with tying silk and cover the whipping with UV Knot sense/epoxy (or equivalent).

Then you can simply simply loop-to-loop your leader to fly line.

The loop is bullet-proof even though it is a bit bulky - but when using a sinking line, presentation isn't normally crucial.

I've been using this type of loop on all my sinkers and floaters #8 and up and have never ever had it fail. This includes landing smaller tuna species and big GTs and other other fish of consequence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2