Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluegum Grove Trout/Bass-Stellenbosch

Default Bluegum Grove Trout/Bass-Stellenbosch

Good morning all.

I think Morne posted something somewhere, but I also just wanted to confirm that the dam has been stocked 2 weeks ago and is good to go.
    For those of you not familiar with the dams: the farm is situated on the Polkadraai road between Stellenbosch and Kuilsriver. The top dam is stocked with solid trout from Fizantekraal and is fly fishing only. The bottom dam is stocked with bass. All kinds of fishing welcome here although spearfishing and dynamite is frowned upon.
    We take in a limited number of members to keep the traffic on the low.
    Give me a call on 0722493599 or send me a mail at daniecarinus@gmail.com if anyone would like to come and have a look and throw a few lines or just want some more info.
    Cheers.

What is the daily rod fee? Any reduction for juniors?
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Quote Originally Posted by FishWhisperer View Post
    What is the daily rod fee? Any reduction for juniors?
    Aren't you a little old to be a junior?

This place sounds good, is it a syndicate or do you let daily anglers in?
    I'll stay as long as i can fish. . .

Whenever the "club" for geniuses - MENSA - was mentioned, I always wondered if their was an opposite equivalent society for imbeciles. Now I know, it's called ANCYL.

Hi guys
    Unfortunately we don't do the daily pass thing. At this stage I don't have the capacity to deal with the related admin.
    I will be happy to sort the youngsters out with a reduced rate. Send me an email and I will give you more info.

hopefully youngsters are anyone under 30 hahahaha....

for matt's sake of course
    bushveld scalies - worth the blood, sweat and tears

Quote Originally Posted by gazzarowan View Post
    hopefully youngsters are anyone under 30 hahahaha....

for matt's sake of course
    I agree. Don't know why students get all the discounts when they are rolling with their parents' money. You actually need more bailouts and charity from age 24-30.....34....36.....................

Hahaha, Im coaching the WP juniors this year!

Dan - will send an email now.
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Dan, I'm from far north of the Boerewors Curtain, and try and get down to the Cape when I can, which is not often enough

With you not allowing day visitors, would I have to "team up" with a current member?
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Hi Herman

Yes you would need to. You can always come fish with me when you are down here. It is the dam that you and Jasper were at when you were here last time.
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Dan, I'm from far north of the Boerewors Curtain,
    Mmmm, and there lies your first problem, and the second seems to be that old age and memory thingy...Uitgevang ou grote
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast