Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Carp

Quote Originally Posted by Rendier View Post
    Warthog: Is that the Long haired dude, resplendent with his cork-handled battle stick or the Carp?
    HEHEHE! It's most definately the carp. The long haired dude is yours truly. Even though I've been compared to a warthog in the office today as well, so I guess I can't blame you for asking..

Oh, and I don't know that the cops would risk jack to catch me, what with my intimidating weaponry and all..
    Last edited by LeRoy; 04-05-07 at 02:49 PM.

If they are rising to stuff on the surface, try a two fly rig. Try a whitish dry fly like an elk hair caddis or stimulator or similar that floats well, and a medium sized mayfly nymph immitation (10-12) underneath it. Black ones work well and you can give them a yellow hotspot if you want.

The carp sitting just under the surface often take the nymph rather than the dry fly.

Stephen's right. When fishing to carp, presentation is everything, but I think that is more correct for carp fishing on the bottom. A dead drift through the middle of the rising ones should get some results.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

That sounds like some solid advice, if Alan doesn't get it, I'll take it thanks Grant!
    I'm off on leave then. Plan of action:
    Tomorrow: Carp (as jy 'n skelm wil is, moet jy 'n slim skelm is. Wish me luck, PLEASE!!)
    then I'm gonna TRY to sneak in a day on the Gouritz or Breede to end my smallie season,
    then to Stellies to go check out Eikendal. Hopefully I can then check Blue Kurper on my list, too. SWAMBO and I will prolly be there the whole of next Thursday, if anyone cares to join, that will be awesome.

Cheers, Guys, have an excellent week..

Thanks for the advise guys. You can catch me at Inanda at 06h00 tomorrow weaving the magic wand. Have a greak weekend.

Cheers.

In moveing water ive had a bit of luck with an assortment of czech nymphs but in dams, have only caught them on this rig: ddd as a float and a san juan as a point about 15-20cm down. I uaually like to plop it in if i know poeple have been feeding them there. (That and a deadly flie wich is just a white deer hair cube, killer!!!) GL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2