Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sage Circa

Will work for me too. But then I love the ZXL and medium to slow action rods, especially on WC streams. Strange to me that Sage should market a slower stream rod than the ZXL though. These days the trend has been to promote faster action rods and I wonder if their sales of Circa will be as good as they hope. I certainly hope so, just wonder if they have read the market correctly.

Mike, let us know how sales of Circa compare to One sales in the months ahead, will you?

Just did the parking-lot cast test with the Circa 7'9" # 2. I can see myself really getting into this combination of a slow action and fast, wobble-free recovery. To me it feels like the timing of the stroke and power application is typical of a clasic slow-action rod, but the pause both sides is shorter - makes sense based on the faster recovery. Did some of those funny curvy casts, bucket- and reach mends and it certainly does what it's told! Another thing I noticed is that I got a better, more "energetic" back cast than I usually do with a slow-action rod. (I tend to underpower my back cast, in case you're wondering!)

Does the Circa come in longer lengths Mark? The WC mob apparently consider 9' to be optimum.

To answer my own question. Went to the Sage site. They do a 8'9" 3 and 4 wt as well. Guess the 3 wt in this config will be the way to go.

Neil, if you are keen to order something let me know, will join you if you want?
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Sorry Mario

All I can say to you is "ZXL 480"

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    Sorry Mario

All I can say to you is "ZXL 480"
    And all I can reply with is BVK ....
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

ZXL 480 is BVK?

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    ZXL 480 is BVK?
    The BVK runs Circas around the ZXL man
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    The BVK runs Circas around the ZXL man
    ONE time! Mario, One time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast