Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Central Freestate Fly Fishing club

Default Central Freestate Fly Fishing club

I would like to use the forum for our club members and non club members to share and communicate.
    We ar in our fifth year of existance (october will be 5 years) and we have a very nice group of memebers mostly from the Bloem area.
    Our club meets the first Thursday of every month at the Three services Club,just above builders warehouse,Bloemfontein from around 7pm.We have regular talks by fishers in the know and also do fly tying evenings and trip reports and planning.
    The current chairman is Abrie Dennis (Ab1)

Hi to all fellow club members

I've send out a mail wrt this coming weekend.
    I'f anyone is interisted please contact me.

Regards

Gents remember our winter trip. I am still waiting on dates as requested via emails.
    Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish."

~by Roderick Haig-Brown

Its official.The department of tourism,environmental affaris and nature conservation have given the thumbs up for the first of its kind BARBEL festival to be held at the soetdoring nature reserve.
    The venue can accomodate 30 anglers with a huge river section to fish.There is still a hell of a lot of planning and proposals to be done but the fact that the authorities are keen is fantastic.
    We will be involving local communities by using them as cleaners,gillies etc and also hand over some of the fish caught to feed the needy.
    This is gonna be a great event

The draft proposal was just sent out to the club guy's. It should all be done by monday.

Then the work starts.

One of a kind sight fishing for catfish festival....nice oene!!!
    Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish."

~by Roderick Haig-Brown

AB is there a meeting tonight

You chaps dont have dates for the festival yet?

Yes there is a meeting toninght Donald.

With regards to the Baber festival. We are planning the event for Middle Feb 2013. Either the 14th to teh 16th or 21st to the 23d. That will be finalised tonight.

We will start off small for the first year and host only +- 25 anglers and some guests. I do not have the final pricing yet but as soon as I do I will post it in a new thread.

~by Roderick Haig-Brown

Thank you, let us know please

Quote Originally Posted by AB1 View Post
    Yes there is a meeting toninght Donald.

With regards to the Baber festival. We are planning the event for Middle Feb 2013. Either the 14th to teh 16th or 21st to the 23d. That will be finalised tonight.

We will start off small for the first year and host only +- 25 anglers and some guests. I do not have the final pricing yet but as soon as I do I will post it in a new thread.
    Hey Abri, don't forget that Bryan and I are already booked. :biggrin::biggrin:
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast