Thread: Dunkeld

Default Dunkeld

Hi gents

Been a good few months since I've posted . Has anyone stayed over and fished DUNKELD in the past few months ?

I'm keen on giving it a try .

Looking forward to your comments .

Tye

I fished Dunkeld for a few days in April. The fishing was good and the fish quite keen to take a nymph dead drifted under a dry fly. The stockie dams are quite easy and you can pick up a lot of fish in a short session.

I would rather venture to the catch and release dams (think there are two) where the fish are a bit more weary but quite a lot bigger. I fished long leaders, mainly with a CDC and Elk dry and a nymph about 30cm below the dry. The also hammered ant patters in the stockie dams. Caught a lot of fish waiting for a rise and then casting to the spot. Every time I got the cast right I had a fish on.

Hi,

I'm at Dunkeld over the long weekend at the end of this month. Any advice, suggestions....???

as Jean said ... on the 2 CAR dams .. cdc emergers and tiny dry flies fished dry n dropper work wonders .. remember stealth is the key .. approach the dam with stealth .. sit back about 1mt frm bank with rod and fly ready .... u will be surprized how many fish feed close to the bank and r completely unaware of u ... cast to rising fish. sum lessons i learnt , 1.)when the fishing gets slow , the retrieve gets slooooooooower 2.) STEALTH is KEY 3) dont b like a Stalk... move if u not catching /getting takes , find the fish.