Thread: Vereeniging?????

Default Vereeniging?????

Hi Fellow Fly Fishers

I am going to be in Vereeniging tomorrow and Wednesday and would like to know if it is going to be worth my while to bring along my fishing tackle. I have never fished this area before and am rather new at this game. The time I will have available will be late afternoon, so any info about where to go and what to use will be much appreciated.

Hello Donald, Vereeniging is only 30 mins from your nearest yellow water, ( Erina Spa at the barrage ) bring your stick with, but remember it's getting much colder, waders are also a good bet. Pop henried or kklopper a PM as they both fish the Erina area a fair amount, especially after work.
    My SWAMBO is having a minor procedure tomorrow so I'll be SWAMBO sitting unfortunately, so I won't be able to join you.
    Good luck
    Herman
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Herman thanks for the info on Vereeniging, Henrie and I tried but were not successful. Lots of fish jumping all over the place but not one take.

Will be in Klerksdorp from the 3 - 6 July and was wondering if you could give me some info on places to go to there. Have checked the places out around Potch but they are going to be a bit far for so little time at hand to fish.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald B View Post
    Herman thanks for the info on Vereeniging, Henrie and I tried but were not successful. Lots of fish jumping all over the place but not one take.

Will be in Klerksdorp from the 3 - 6 July and was wondering if you could give me some info on places to go to there. Have checked the places out around Potch but they are going to be a bit far for so little time at hand to fish.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.
    Donald, for the Klerksdorp area drop Yellowfever and / or barbus13 a PM. They both apparantley know those waters fairly well. Also ask Dirk(barbus13) for the contact details of the Windknot Flyfishing club, I think a few of their members are from the Klerksdorp area.

Hi Herman, Donald
    The latest weather warnings for Wednesday and Thursday would rather make for heaters, warm water bottles and nice fireplaces, not fishing

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Hi Herman, Donald
    The latest weather warnings for Wednesday and Thursday would rather make for heaters, warm water bottles and nice fireplaces, not fishing
    You are spot on there Tony, but as I said on saterday,I'm working night shift from Thursday to Monday morning so no fishing for me untill maybe the next weekend

Could not agree more, here it is snowing but hopefully it would have cleared sufficiently by next week Thursday.

Snow ?? In Bloemfontein ?? Yikes !