Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Open Letter to Africa's Orginal Flyfishing

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    Isuzu grill:biggrin:
    Oh ok...btw...Well put Andre
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

i think its right to point it out !!
    and do what you can to educate
    cant really say well every one else does it or doent care that helps no one
    if one person doesnt harm a fish because of it that one more fish !!
    and 1+1+1+1 equals a lot more healthy fish
    lastly dont do it for the thanks or the recognition do it for the fish !
    /d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Where can I get some decent hornbill feathers?
    I know where they live... $$$
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by damage View Post
    i think its right to point it out !!
    and do what you can to educate
    cant really say well every one else does it or doent care that helps no one
    if one person doesnt harm a fish because of it that one more fish !!
    and 1+1+1+1 equals a lot more healthy fish
    lastly dont do it for the thanks or the recognition do it for the fish !
    /d
    Agree, it's not about thanks or regognition, but at the end of the day, there needs to be a good groundswell of practical support for any initiative to work. Without it, you have a few committed individuals running around and burning themselves out, and because people don't understand the level of committment it takes to make a difference, sometimes results are not evident, hence, the complainers keep complaining, and wear you down. Denton, You are one of the willing one's. I just took on too much.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I sent my comments through to the editor's e-mail and she forwarded it onto the authors of the article. Here was their reply:

We completely agree with the comments made by your reader and try to always catch & release in the best conditions for all species .

We were , ourselves , shocked to discover that the majority of visitors to Mongolia fished taimen using rapala with treble hooks and we denounced this in the french magazine we write for . But in the excitement of the situation sometimes even the best intentions are forgotten .

We were on an exploratory trip and not fishing with an outfitter . The larger fish would not have fitted into a net , measuring up to 1m60 . The fish in the photos were 1. A fish caught by our host who was so excited and pleased to have such a big fish for photos in the hope of promoting his area and encouraging vital fishing tourism to improve thir livelihood that he completely forgot all the rules but the fish was out the water for 2 mins and was well reanimated before releasing .

The other fish on the bank was caught by Jean-Pierre while fishing alone .It was an exceptional combat and a very big fish which again was out the water for seconds for 1 photo and slowly reanimated in the current during the following 5 minutes .

There you go ... it was reanimated. Back to Devcon 2 gents ...
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    OK - So I am going to take a picture of every forumer who drives a car more than 1800cc and name and shame them. And if you drive a bakkie or SUV don't even think of going anywhere near the river - that is disgusting! One in a million people taking out a largie is doing wayy less damage than you doing 100 000km in your Isuzu.

People wading rivers do much more damage than the bank anglers - but you dont see what is under your feet whilst wading the river.

Maybe wading should be banned if we are going to selectively choose what we are going to b1tch about. and NO, there is no such thing as "considerate" wading:biggrin:
    Kindly stop breathing so heavily. Your carbon footprint is getting too large.
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Nice that they replied so promptly, wrote a few letters to the other magazine but they have never responded or published them.
    Regards
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    There you go ... it was reanimated. Back to Devcon 2 gents ...
    I wonder what is the correct term - animate? Or is reanimated to make it double lively.
    Or is it resuscitate

Main Entry:

animate  [v. an-uh-meyt; adj. an-uh-mit] Show IPA

Part of Speech:

verb

Definition:

bring to life

Synonyms:

activate, arouse, cheer, embolden, encourage, energize, enliven, exalt, excite, fire, gladden, hearten, impel, incite, inform, inspire, inspirit, instigate, invigorate, kindle, liven, make alive, move, quicken, revive, revivify, rouse, spark, spur, stimulate, stir, urge, vitalize, vivify

Antonyms:

deaden, discourage, kill
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2