Thread: A Good Read.

Default A Good Read.

http://midcurrent.com/books/ernest-s...m_medium=email

Worthwhile spending 5 minutes reading this.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Schwiebert ... nough said!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

The real sportsman does not hesitate to dress his share of the trout or to scour the dirty dishes in the sand. He helps the less-experienced angler in any way that he can and does not fear the competition that may result. There is a brotherhood among anglers. Some of my closest friends were met casually along a trout stream many miles from home. There is no caste system on trout water. The fish will rise to the crude fly dapped by the backwoods native as well as to the dainty imported one cast by the wealthy financier.

A paragraph from the peice. After having read many posts and met quite a few forumers and fly fishers in SA, I wonder if this applies to many South African fly fishers?
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Some true words!
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"