Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DIY Casting aide

Thumbs up DIY Casting aide

I've come up with this simple and cheap solution to help with the terrible wrist pain I've been experiencing lately. Probably fishing too much hehe.

The answer lies in two cable ties, one small one (black) which is locked around the bigger one (clear). You slide the bigger one over your casting arm and the fighting butt into the small one. I tried it out this past weekend and worked great.No more pain I kid you not! Every time you put your fly down just remember to remove the butt section from the loop.

Ps. I'm probably going to swop the big ring for a velcro strap just haven't' had the time to get some.

GERR0362.jpg
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 13-08-12 at 03:55 PM.

Also helps when that monster fish rips the rod out of your hand - which is the main reason you have it, right????
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

I didn't want to say it but ye.

Gerrit
    Less red wine will also help with the pain in the joints

Sweet lord that's a pretty dry comment.

Or you could just take two teaspoons of cement with your coffee in the morning and harden the vark up! ;-)
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Here is the latest improvement. I find that the small ring (cable tie) works the best still and the strap is called self gripping ties bought from Builders. You can either slide it over your casting arm or use it as a " velcro" strap.

GERR0379.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Or you could just take two teaspoons of cement with your coffee in the morning and harden the vark up! ;-)
    Cement make my stomach run
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Cement make my stomach run
    Which kind : PPC or super glue or regular head cement ?
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Which kind : PPC or super glue or regular head cement ?
    I only use the indigenous AfriSam Cement when I am constipated
    Mario Geldenhuys

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast