Thread: Mbotyi Wild Coast

Default Mbotyi Wild Coast

Anyone fished this area? We are going there in December and I am hoping the mouth is open and that there is some ff opportunities. Anyone been there?
    "Only when the last tree has died,and the last river has been poisoned,and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed

I fished there about 3 years back. I fished pretty hard but I must confess my background is more freshwater. Caught very little. A few river perch under the trees with a popper (especially as it was getting dark) and a little kingie.

I know this is way back when, but has anybody has some experience in this area? Will be there this December.

Regards
    Robert

Its a lovely spot, but fishing wise the estuary @Mbotyi is quite small & shallow, didn't have much luck there. I did get a couple of largespot pampano in the surf along the sandy beaches though.
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by firephish View Post
    Its a lovely spot, but fishing wise the estuary @Mbotyi is quite small & shallow, didn't have much luck there. I did get a couple of largespot pampano in the surf along the sandy beaches though.
    Great! Thanks for the advice. I was plannig on maybe trying for grunter in the estuary, bit will have a look at the level first .

What did you catch the pompano on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

small clouser minnow, orange ruffy, crazy charlies work. Fished small poppers in the estuary.
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com