Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031

Thread: The official Vaal Trip 3 !

no sh?t, nothing changed at Arendsnes from then to now, appart from the 17+ fly anglers you also have bait guys on the side, and also light rod bait guys in the rapids, people on the lawn next to the river partying up a storm, with monster pimped up cars show every weekend

Quote Originally Posted by pieterkriel View Post
    no sh?t, nothing changed at Arendsnes from then to now, appart from the 17+ fly anglers you also have bait guys on the side, and also light rod bait guys in the rapids, people on the lawn next to the river partying up a storm, with monster pimped up cars show every weekend
    All VERY sad...it's the property on the right hand side as you face the riverthat's for sale next toArends Nest - the owner was busy bulldozing trees down....
    made my blood BOIL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    All VERY sad...it's the property on the right hand side as you face the riverthat's for sale next toArends Nest - the owner was busy bulldozing trees down....
    made my blood BOIL!!!
    Why don't you buy a piece of land on the Vaal?
    No PAIN No Gain

Quote Originally Posted by pieterkriel View Post
    Hey Scythe, now that you told us how the viz in the Vaal is at present, how is the fishing?
    Slow, the SmallMouth have lockjaw.

You have to present properly, fish are spooky, 3X gets ignored like a red light district woman with herpes, YellowFever and I had a most awesome day out on Saturday. Zero wind, the Vaal was like glass except for a 30 minute stretch.

It was so warm I actually took off my layers of clothing and fished in only 1 shirt and waders and I was still sweating like a pig in heat. (Nice mental image there)

Viz is >2M in places, even guys like Marius and Jacques have mentioned how hard the fishing is lately and I know that both of them blanked on their last two outings looking for LargeMouth.

I think it's a combination of factors, temperature mostly and visibility secondly. If you ever needed to cast a full line to catch a fish and still present delicately, then now would be it.

The other benefit is ofcourse that nobody else is around, so you have utter pece and quiet which is a far cry from the elbow rubbing crowded madness of summer and it has it's appeal in it's own right, even if you catch only one or two fish.

As always, the Carp are making huge leaps to show their presence, but catching them is something else, even the Barbel are slow to show their faces though we did see a +20Kg specimen from about 5M away come to the surface for a roll in the top layer of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymph+O- View Post
    Why don't you buy a piece of land on the Vaal?
    You lend me the money, honey? Seriously I'd love to, and manage a long stretch for responsible flyfishers only. When Wiets ups his tying comps to R 10 million prize money we can do it!!

Chris, is the place you are referring to not Woelwaters or VanBo that is being bulldozed ( next to Arends Nest ) ?
    I also forgot to mention that "Kidz Camp" was up for auction either last Thursday or this Thursday
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    Excellent!!
    Enjoyed the fishing yesterday pm thanks Werner!!

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Enjoyed the fishing yesterday pm thanks Werner!!
    No Chris it's me that should thank you for the tuition. It was brilliant. My casting needs some work but I've got the dry and buzzer thing down now. Thanks a million.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Default Help with Yellows

Hi guys. My first time logged on. I'm looking for spots on the Orange between Keimoes and ***amas. What fly patterns will work well in this area? I'm still a beginner so any info will be appreciated.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031