Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cape Vidal - September 2012 - Photo Trip Report

I was at Vidal the weekend prior and the shad fishing was on fire!

But sadly the last weekend we had terrible weather, the southerly pushed dirty water up to Vidal from St Lucia during Friday evening. I was there on Saturday morning to get some more shad under the belt, but the spring low tide/rain/dirty water made it a short fishing session. Plus WazzyP brought like 15 guys along with him, felt like there was some fly fishing compo on the go that I didn't know of :biggrin:

Lets hope for better weather next time you guys are down...
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by Ko7Ad View Post
    Plus WazzyP brought like 15 guys along with him, felt like there was some fly fishing compo on the go that I didn't know of :biggrin:
    Bwahaaaaaa!!! So you were the other gents I saw on the rocks. Any luck on Saturday? We got a couple of moonies and small kingies, but that was it.
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

Quote Originally Posted by WazzyP View Post
    Bwahaaaaaa!!! So you were the other gents I saw on the rocks. Any luck on Saturday? We got a couple of moonies and small kingies, but that was it.
    Yes that was us! Thought it was you walking along to the point with your GoPro :biggrin:, Still wanted to come say howsit but with so many back casts to maneuver on the way to get to the point I thought I might run into you on the way back. We didn't manage to catch anything though, just a slight cold! Remember seeing a small moonie coming out just before we headed back to the beach.

I'm not sure what outfits you all used. But what we do usually on a day trip to make full use of the abundant smaller fish, is take a 4/5wt along kitted out with crazy charlies or small clousers. So when you are not finding the buses with heavy stuff you can at least have a few good runs with the smaller okes on the walk back...

When are you guys down here again?
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by Ko7Ad View Post
    Yes that was us! Thought it was you walking along to the point with your GoPro :biggrin:, Still wanted to come say howsit but with so many back casts to maneuver on the way to get to the point I thought I might run into you on the way back. We didn't manage to catch anything though, just a slight cold! Remember seeing a small moonie coming out just before we headed back to the beach.

I'm not sure what outfits you all used. But what we do usually on a day trip to make full use of the abundant smaller fish, is take a 4/5wt along kitted out with crazy charlies or small clousers. So when you are not finding the buses with heavy stuff you can at least have a few good runs with the smaller okes on the walk back...

When are you guys down here again?
    Although we all had 9 weights with us the majority of us fished with 5 weights. As you said, great fun when only the smaller stuff is around.

As for the next trip, nothing planned at the moment but I'm sure we'll line something up. We were thinking perhaps a trip to Kosi...probably only 2 of us though.
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2