Thread: Elgro this week-end ?

Default Elgro this week-end ?

Greetings all,

Anyone fishing the Bells'...(As enlightened by Tombosis, the event is no longer sponsored by Bell's)...Smallmouth at Elgro Lodge this week-end ?

This will be my 3rd one and the folks at Elgro never fail to put on an awesome event......

The weather forecast is a bit dodge but hey a crappy days fishing is better than a brilliant day in the office right ???
    Last edited by yogibear; 09-10-12 at 12:43 PM.

I'll be there, really looking forward to it. Heard the lodge has been fishing well, fish have been spawning. Hopefully not enough rain to affect flows. Sad to say but it'll be the first yellow of the season for me (should I be lucky enough to catch one!)

Oh and Bells are no longer sponsoring the event, now the Elgro Festival
    Last edited by tombosis; 09-10-12 at 11:02 AM.

Cheers thanks for that Tombosis,

I guess I should really learn to R.T.F.M...

I really do hope that the weather holds for the week-end......You going in a group ?

It's just a mate and myself who are going to drive thru on thursday lunchtime, and hopefully spend a couple of hours in the river. He joined me last year after my previous fishing buddy packed for Perth.

This will be the fourth year for me at the event, can't wait. We've got De Wet's on Saturday which is normally very good this time of year

That's cool :smile:

There's a group of us going through....leaving around lunch time tomorrow (Thursday)

We been drawn for The Lodge, Nuwe Plaas and De Wet's.....dont which on which day......but really looking forward to it....

We fished De Wet's last year and it was good....lots of yellow's, a few muddies and one Largy.......

Hope this weather doesn't chuck us a curve ball...but hey if it does....cant think of a better place to sit and have a few pints....

Hey Tombosis,

So how was Elgro ?.....I must admit we had a blast !!!....We fished lower Lodge on Friday.....made a couple of Yellow's but nothing special...then the rain came so we all parked off and spoke rubbish and had a few brandies.....We also fished De Wet's on Saturday (with Malcolm as our guide).....that place rocked :-)....it was 'fish -on' from first foot in the river until we left at around half 5......lost count of the number of fish caught (a lot of Muddies)......Yesterday we had Nuwe Plaas and there we also got a lot of fish....all yellows, no muddies at all......still a lot of spawn going on.....with all species (Yellow, Muddies and Barbel)......All in all a brilliant week-ends fishing and Kobus and the staff at Elgro know how to look after a person......we have our names down for the next one.....:biggrin: