Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GE'ing the Rhodes area.

When I get time, it's 8 hours from JHB, so it is a real fishing trip, as you know. But when I get time, I fish it hard, And some time just lie under the tree's watching the sky.
    To paint lines on a silver stretch of stream, is to be humbled by nature and to be closer to thy maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Elliott View Post
    Well done Dyno, superb effort.
    So, does anyone else like it????

To paint lines on a silver stretch of stream, is to be humbled by nature and to be closer to thy maker.

Dyno, and the other Google Earth fundi's, maybe you can answer this. I've been finding and marking some of the regular venues I fish at in thr KZN Midlands on Google Earth. Trouble is, a lot of this area doesn't have much detail. Is there somewhere I can go to to download additional detail for this area ?

Shaun, you can subscribe to GE and you will get far better res on the areas you are intrested in, but you have to pay. My advice is to mark them and wait for the next set of Image updates to come out, they are trying to release them every 4 to 6months and they have commented that they want the entire globe to be in a semi-decent res with-in the next 2 years.

If you want, I am more than willing to have a look at them as there are other Earth Veiwing sites, and they might have better res, you can then just put in a decent overlay.

awesome Dyno, thanks. What do you need to take a look ? The co-ordinates ?

Of course, drop one of the Place Marks into this thread and I will see what's out there.

Here is a great little over lay, just wish FOSAF would use a real map and it would be perfect.

Anyone like this one?? No, OK I'll stop with the GE Posts then.

Keep em coming Dyno. Sterfontein Dam doesn't have much interest for me but I enjoyed the Barkly / Rhodes GE's and overlays.

Flip boet- you've outdone yourself!

thanks Kev, I have a few more, but they will come latter...
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast