Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Orange River

Default Orange River

Hey guys,

I am going up to the Orange River to do the 4 day drift with Felix, will be trying to get as much fishing in as possible.

Have been keeping an eye of the flows on DWAF's website and its looking good, has anybody been up there lately or have any clue what the fishing is like?

Thanks,
    Matt
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Which section are you going to?
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Which section are you going to?
    We are doing the 4 day drift which starts at Felix camp, Begins approximately 16km downstream of the Vioolsdrif/Noordower border post.

It is approx a 60 km trip so I think you come out somewhere near thew Fish river, done this section and there is some awesome water.

Just not sure of the levels/clarity?
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    We are doing the 4 day drift which starts at Felix camp, Begins approximately 16km downstream of the Vioolsdrif/Noordower border post.

It is approx a 60 km trip so I think you come out somewhere near thew Fish river, done this section and there is some awesome water.

Just not sure of the levels/clarity?
    Hey Dude

My 2cents - The orange / vaal has not been flowing strongly this Dec - not much rain up country.

The levels in the vaal are really low, and if the upper orange plays along, it should be super low and clear. I am lank jealous, would dig to do another drift trip up there!
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

when are you doing it Matt? sounds bloody awesome.

Flow and clarity should be great, the upper Orange will play along, we had our first real rain this weekend and only about 30mm, so won't make any problems, should be a great trip i will be on the Orange this weekend again and will be able to report on the clarity after the rain, it should setle down quite well though.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvd View Post
    ... i will be on the Orange this weekend again and will be able to report on the clarity after the rain ...
    That would be great, thanks.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by saml View Post
    when are you doing it Matt? sounds bloody awesome.
    We are going up this Saturday morning, will be able to get in a nice afternoon session and then start the drift on Sunday morning!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvd View Post
    Flow and clarity should be great, the upper Orange will play along, we had our first real rain this weekend and only about 30mm, so won't make any problems, should be a great trip i will be on the Orange this weekend again and will be able to report on the clarity after the rain, it should setle down quite well though.
    Thanks a lot for the feedback Chris, will be on the river on Saturday afternoon so hopefully I will get into a few fish before the drift begins

I look forward to your report! I'm going down to port nolloth for xmas so will also head up vioolsdrif way for a day or two's fishing. so please let me know how it goes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast