Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Active users

Default Active users

Of late I have noticed a rapid decline of FLYTALKS Community/Users. What has happened to all the old users?? Very little new posts, replies as well. Mostly see newbies online, the rest just visit and then gone. Seems FLYTALK is losing members to elsewhere.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

I hope your wrong and that the "hardebaarde" are on holiday. They are probably chucking a fly down at the coast.

Seriously the knowledge dispensed by the experienced on this website is priceless. The new year will see the forum return back to normal.

Thomas

"If you always do, what you always did, you will always get, what you always got."

Quote Originally Posted by thomasvdb View Post
    I hope your wrong and that the "hardebaarde" are on holiday. They are probably chucking a fly down at the coast.

Seriously the knowledge dispensed by the experienced on this website is priceless. The new year will see the forum return back to normal.
    This has been for a couple of months now, not just the holiday season. Yes it is a shame as this was once a very active forum.
    Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

FlyFanatic Banned User

Hey pops,

It is indeed sad, I think there are quite a few forums these days, staying active on all requires some time management I guess..

I dont have time to actively contribute to FlyTalk all the time, dont know how to do 2 or more..

But I am pretty sure if you put out an interesting topic the old dagga boys would comment, ask for them by name and they shallt appear!

It declined rapidly after the layout changed.I for one dont like the new layout for some strange reason i cant explain.That said i have also fished less this year and have not had that much to add to the forum.Weather has been irregular and water levels anything but stable.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyFanatic View Post
    Hey pops,

It is indeed sad, I think there are quite a few forums these days, staying active on all requires some time management I guess..

I dont have time to actively contribute to FlyTalk all the time, dont know how to do 2 or more..

But I am pretty sure if you put out an interesting topic the old dagga boys would comment, ask for them by name and they shallt appear!
    Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    It declined rapidly after the layout changed.I for one dont like the new layout for some strange reason i cant explain.That said i have also fished less this year and have not had that much to add to the forum.Weather has been irregular and water levels anything but stable.
    Thanks guys for your input, we must keep this forum active. Your ideas will assist. Even moderaters are not responding/being active.
    Dave
    Last edited by poppernel; 26-12-12 at 04:53 PM.

Maybe the reigns has been passed on.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

Hi Dave,

What would you personally like to see more of - technique, catch reports, pics etc? Why do you think quality posts are declining?

Me personally have been very busy lately and would really like to spend more time here, I trust this will change next year. I also believe other members are in the same position and this is all part of a work/family/life cycle.

All new members are moderated and although it seems there are plenty of spammer members, you will see these guys never feature in the "latest member" and their accounts are deleted.

Also having 50 + guys in the same "room/forum" with some of them being a bit , some sober, some depressed, some happy etc - there will be some banter/remarks etc, this is purely social dynamics.

Cheers,

Philip

Hi Guys, I think it is a time thing and in my personal experience, I'm getting to the computer later in the evenings and also have not done anything massively exciting (beside my nice rainbow and the brownie) but that's it. I also think that now a lot of people have uncapped or larger bundles and are spending time downloading move clips etc etc. I certainly troll utube and try find SBS video clips or I'm catching up on the Americas cup and downloading the videos. I am spending more time looking at interesting videos. I always pop in to fly talk and read the posts but also find I don't have too much of interest to add lately. That's just what I find in my scenario.
    Have a good one
    Cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hi Dave,

What would you personally like to see more of - technique, catch reports, pics etc? Why do you think quality posts are declining?

Me personally have been very busy lately and would really like to spend more time here, I trust this will change next year. I also believe other members are in the same position and this is all part of a work/family/life cycle.

All new members are moderated and although it seems there are plenty of spammer members, you will see these guys never feature in the "latest member" and their accounts are deleted.

Also having 50 + guys in the same "room/forum" with some of them being a bit , some sober, some depressed, some happy etc - there will be some banter/remarks etc, this is purely social dynamics.

Cheers,

Philip
    Thanks for responding, appreciated immensly. On a forum like this or any other, posts dont have to be qualiity posts, just posts from members to react. To get involved and feel free to voice opinions, good or bad. It is then the poster of the thread to accept the reply, or answer and do his/her best to resolve the situation. If it get out of hand, moderation should step in/or Admin, but lets get this forum back to what it was, lekker!!!! active.!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast