Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some Breede Bass

Quote Originally Posted by firephish View Post
    worth a try, however ... that flipper is 7cm long, recon its too small?
    Yes it is long but quite thin so a small bass will take it on. In my opinion if a small bass thinks he can eat it, then the chances are you are going to encounter far more small bass than big bass, and so the big bass will not get a chance to eat it before one of the small bass does. make one that is a bit longer and a bit fatter to experiment next time (eg maybe use a bigger hackle and tie it really bulky to giove it girth). You might catch less fish, but then you are probably on the right track because the small bass (which you know are there) are ignoring it as it is too big, and so the bigger bass will have a go.

That's my experience but as i said my experience with bass is not huge. It does make sense though when you watch the Bass pros fishing for those monser bass and they are using extremely big baits. The one show i say they must have been using plastic worms that were over 30cm long and catching 10lb bass!
    Last edited by gkieser; 04-01-13 at 03:16 PM.
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

heading for the vice to produce a plus size version ... will see what the boskop bass think
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Call it the "Post Xmas Flipper"!
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Yes it is long but quite thin so a small bass will take it on. In my opinion if a small bass thinks he can eat it, then the chances are you are going to encounter far more small bass than big bass, and so the big bass will not get a chance to eat it before one of the small bass does. make one that is a bit longer and a bit fatter to experiment next time (eg maybe use a bigger hackle and tie it really bulky to giove it girth). You might catch less fish, but then you are probably on the right track because the small bass (which you know are there) are ignoring it as it is too big, and so the bigger bass will have a go.

That's my experience but as i said my experience with bass is not huge. It does make sense though when you watch the Bass pros fishing for those monser bass and they are using extremely big baits. The one show i say they must have been using plastic worms that were over 30cm long and catching 10lb bass!
    So you agree with my ''diameter'' thesis.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12