Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: What saltwater species have you caught on fly?

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    Doesn't help me to submit a list if I don't know what the fish are called. Anyone knows what this guy is named? I caught him in Mauritius. The locals thought it was the funniest thing that I caught what they called "a leopard fish".
    Hi, isnt that some sort of Rock Cod?
    I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Fishing Adventures Banned User

I do not want to tell cause no one will beleive me, I think I have even forgotten a few but I think around 130 species or so. It has taken years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Adventures View Post
    I do not want to tell cause no one will beleive me, I think I have even forgotten a few but I think around 130 species or so. It has taken years and years.
    OK Just give us the 10 strangest/ least likely ones. Like the seaolakaant() etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Botes View Post
    OK Just give us the 10 strangest/ least likely ones. Like the seaolakaant() etc!
    No Sealocants sorry.

Ok here goes:
    1. Chaetondon Vagabundus - Butterfly fish and few other butherfly species, it gives a good fight for its size
    2.Chrysoblephus Angilicus - Englishman and many other reds
    3. Freshwater Pike in Italy
    4. Pterois Miles - Lion Fish and he stung my hand like hell, had to put my hand in a boiling kettle to sooth the pain which was like been smacked repetively with a hammer
    5.Scomberesox Saurus - Saury
    6.Pomacanthus Semicirculates - Anglefish and this was an awsome fight
    7.Istiophorus Platypterus - Sailfish
    8.Hemiramphus Far - Halfbeak
    9.Echeneis Naucrates - Remora
    10.Albula Vulpes - Bonefish, and I was so dissapointed with the size of the fish for the big fight he gave

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Yeah what's with that - I always thought they were kingies, that's what we called them when I was a laaitie. When did we start using the Ausie name? GT is the Ausie name isn't it?
    GT is the name for Giant Trevally, or as we call them Ignobilis in SA, the rest are kingies.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14