Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WC cob bag limit?

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    I gather you have not heard many stories from the Vaal then have you?? Don't think for one moment that just by having a fly rod in your hand automatically makes you a saint. I have experienced many fly fisherman (long time fly fisherman I might add) that have zero respect for the surroundings, quarry and the people around them.
    Mario, I have fished the Vaal for 8 years now and have NEVER seen a f/f even keeping a single fish, be they Carp, Barbel, Muddies or yellows.

Please tell who these pariahs are so that we can exterminate them.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

I've been fishing the vaal for 5 years and have had the same experince as herman . I've seen a few bait fishermen take what they catch but thats bout it

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Mario, I have fished the Vaal for 8 years now and have NEVER seen a f/f even keeping a single fish, be they Carp, Barbel, Muddies or yellows.

Please tell who these pariahs are so that we can exterminate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by craig1 View Post
    I've been fishing the vaal for 5 years and have had the same experince as herman . I've seen a few bait fishermen take what they catch but thats bout it
    So in your opinions conservation is only about NOT keeping fish? Wading through spawning beds, fishing to spawning fish, littering on the river/banks are all okay then?
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by dtayl13 View Post
    I wish rock and surf guys had a similar mentallityto fly fishermen. At least it would solve conservation issues.
    Generalizing aren't we?
    Go trample a spawn bed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2