Thread: Revived addict

Default Revived addict

Hi Guys
    Just want to introduce myself. Living next to the Gariep River helps a lot if you want to kill time by fly fishing for largies and smallmouth yellowfish. I will surely enjoy the company on the forum and will share some of my amateur video footage in the time to come. Been out of fly fishing for some time but made a good comeback. Strange how we can waste our time on unimportant stuff.

Hein baie welkom by die forum.Hope you share some more photos and videos of your water,but keep the co oridinates secret

Welkom Oom Hein.

Lekker om Oom hier te he.
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Dankie Frederick, die goed (forums en visvang) hou 'n ou net te besig

Quote Originally Posted by Jaracal View Post
    Hi Guys
    Just want to introduce myself. Living next to the Gariep River helps a lot if you want to kill time by fly fishing for largies and smallmouth yellowfish. I will surely enjoy the company on the forum and will share some of my amateur video footage in the time to come. Been out of fly fishing for some time but made a good comeback. Strange how we can waste our time on unimportant stuff.
    I was speaking to Keith Stephenson a few weeks ago and he told me of the yellow fish in that river. His stories had my fever rising and I am in a very travelling mood to go and spend a week up there. Might see you on the river soon.

Brian Sowden

Ps: Welcome to the site Oompie
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

I have not fished the other rivers but the Orange/Gariep/Xariep (whatever you want to call it) is really under-fished (lucky us) because of privately owned land and limited access. It is a rarity to catch less than 15 to 20 small-mouth yellowfish in a session.
    Here is a clip of a yellowfish I caught a while ago.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ywwn..._x1vnw&index=4
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jaracal View Post
    I have not fished the other rivers but the Orange/Gariep/Xariep (whatever you want to call it) is really under-fished (lucky us) because of privately owned land and limited access. It is a rarity to catch less than 15 to 20 small-mouth yellowfish in a session.
    Here is a clip of a yellowfish I caught a while ago.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ywwn..._x1vnw&index=4
    Cheers
    Nice clip, nothing beats a screaming reel.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"