Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SAGE on Sale

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Gary, a bit off the topic, but that section you fished on the Mooi last year is fishing well at the moment. Apparently Wildfly did some filming there the other day.
    It fished well when I was thee too, just that the water was already high when I got there on the Friday and ended up being unfishable on Sunday afternoon since it rained both Saturday evening and all day sunday...
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

Quote Originally Posted by GGY View Post
    It fished well when I was thee too, just that the water was already high when I got there on the Friday and ended up being unfishable on Sunday afternoon since it rained both Saturday evening and all day sunday...
    The water levels are perfect at this stage as they had some constant good rains.
    I would be able to give my own thoughts after the 17th of March.

Not surprised they are on sale - they are getting poiunded on market share and have to do something - take off the brand goggles - there are a lot of other options just as good at half the price or less - think TFO - think Colton for a start.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by igfafly View Post
    Not surprised they are on sale - they are getting poiunded on market share and have to do something - take off the brand goggles - there are a lot of other options just as good at half the price or less - think TFO - think Colton for a start.

Steve
    SO glad neither of those 2 are a "brand" ....
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Good Mario - go buy some Sages then

Steve

Good Mario - go buy some Sages then

Steve
    Which Mario?
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

That not Mario as part of your signature ?

Steve

That not Mario as part of your signature ?

Steve
    Just wanted to be sure that you addressed me and not RedHumpy (Mario Smit).
    Mario Geldenhuys

- take off the brand goggles -

Let's investigate your last 5 posts or so....

"Have a look at TFO - they have a very comprehensive range and are very well priced. With people like Lefty Kreh, Gary Loomis and Flip Pallot involved you don't get a better pedigree?
    Steve"

"Have put up a couple of pics of a nice fly caught stripey last week – around 70kg. Using Colton Torrent 1315 reel and TFO BW HD rod. Teased and switched perfectly to gobble the fly off the rigged teaser and it was game on !

Again the Colton proved it’s worth during an active and drag intensive fight, first up high having line pulled off at a rate of knots and then slugging it out deep down – smooth as can be with zero start up inertia and a lot of grunt where required. On checking drag after the fight it was bang on 3kg and would have been pulling up to 5kg in the up-and-down phases which is still way below what it is capable of. Good gear !
    Steve"

"Have a look at Colton - damn fine drags and manufacturer direct meaning no fat distribution chain to take care of on the way in.
    Have tangled with some serious fish on their gear and it is as smooth and robust as you could wishful.
    Steve"

"Colton Fly Co is based where that series is filmed and the owner Bob fishes all the same spots, Jeffrey's, Stelwagen etc. Reason he got into making fly reels with serious drags and beefy rods to match was for those fish - he gets regularly blown away but that is the kind of pedigree you get with a Colton rig.
    Steve "

"Be interested to hear what guys who have taken advantage of the great prices and products on offer at the Colton sale thing of their new gear - the uptake over here in Australia and New Zealand has been pretty good and they have pretty much run out of 5 weights due to Scandinavian demand primarily.

Will be using mine on marlin this weekend off Brisbane - hot bite up there at the moment, and then it is all systems go for the Sydney marlin season which is about to begin.
    Steve"

"Have a look at Colton - they are on sale right now and make a damn good reel - have been using their big 1315 on the makos over winter and it is as smooth as, holds heaps of backing and is a really well made robust piece of kit. The guys in the gulf are using their smaller reels on the usual inshore species too and they have been very well received.
    Steve"

"Colton have just announced a year end / Thanksgiving sale -
    40% off Rods and 35% off reels - makes them pretty darn affordable - 9 - 11wt reel comes in at $215 !!!
    I have been playing with their largest reel a 13-15wt and it held up very well on a rather large mako recently of around 100kg.
    Worth a look methinks.
    Steve"

"Not surprised they are on sale - they are getting poiunded on market share and have to do something - take off the brand goggles - there are a lot of other options just as good at half the price or less - think TFO - think Colton for a start.
    Steve "

You see a pattern here? Are we entitled to an opinion?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast