Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Sage VXP, Orvis access or TFO BVK

I had the opportunity to fish a VXP on Sterkies this weekend. Best rod I've ever fished with. Definitely my next rod. What a pleasure. Nice fast rod. A little bit slower than the Sage 1 which was also on offer. I would go VXP every day.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    I had the opportunity to fish a VXP on Sterkies this weekend. Best rod I've ever fished with. Definitely my next rod. What a pleasure. Nice fast rod. A little bit slower than the Sage 1 which was also on offer. I would go VXP every day.
    Joh!! That is a bold statement, but i can see where you're coming from. I have both vxp and one! Same specs, 6wt 10ft. I prefer the ONE to the VXP but not by as much as the price difference so for value for money you get a lot from the VXP . The fact remains if they were the same price i would choose the ONE. I call it a performance rod with training wheels (when you need them only).
    Last edited by gkieser; 14-03-13 at 09:24 AM.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Actually it's not a bold statement. It's your opinion of what works best for you, and therefore the most important opinion when your own fishing enjoyment is concerned.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

why not look at a thomas and thomas 9ft 3wt dave ? They are by far my favourite dry fly rods

The Marryat rods will be on the SA shelves in the not too distant future.
    Fish with the rods that are endorsed by a couple of world champions.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Fish with the rods that are endorsed by a couple of world champions.
    You serious?
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 14-03-13 at 05:36 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4