Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pascal Cognard to visit South Africa

Default Pascal Cognard to visit South Africa

Pascal Cognard and Said Yahiaou are coming to South Africa.
    Pascal Cognard is considered by many as one of the finest fly fishers.
    His ability on the water is legendary.
    He is the only fly fisher ever to have won 3 Individual gold medals at the World Fly Fishing Championships.
    Pascal Cognard and Said Yahiaou will be presenting 3 workshops across South Africa
    Johannesburg 16/17/18 February
    Natal midlands 23/24/25 February
    Western Cape 2/3/4 March.
    It has taken many years of trying to find a date in his schedule to arrange a visit to South Africa, but we have finaly managed it.

The Workshops will be a Friday evening, Saturday and the Sunday.
    The cost for the 2,5 day event will be R1300.00 per person, excluding the food and accomodation.
    (the exact venues and cost if you want to stay in the official venue, will be confirmed in the next 2 or 3 days, for those who would like to stay over or arrange their own accommodation, you are welcome.)

If you want to book your spot please email me korrie@caneworld.co.za

Who will benefit from attending this workshop.
    Every fly fisher.
    This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn from the very best.
    Advanced dry fly and nymphing techniques.
    The latest secrets and flies from the competition fly fishers.

Email me ASAP to book your spot. korrie@caneworld.co.za

(PS: this have been cleared with Phillip)
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Pascal Cognard and Said Yahiaou are coming to South Africa.
    Pascal Cognard is considered by many as one of the finest fly fishers.
    His ability on the water is legendary.
    He is the only fly fisher ever to have won 3 Individual gold medals at the World Fly Fishing Championships.
    Pascal Cognard and Said Yahiaou will be presenting 3 workshops across South Africa
    Johannesburg 16/17/18 February
    Natal midlands 23/24/25 February
    Western Cape 2/3/4 March.
    It has taken many years of trying to find a date in his schedule to arrange a visit to South Africa, but we have finaly managed it.

The Workshops will be a Friday evening, Saturday and the Sunday.
    The cost for the 2,5 day event will be R1300.00 per person, excluding the food and accomodation.
    (the exact venues and cost if you want to stay in the official venue, will be confirmed in the next 2 or 3 days, for those who would like to stay over or arrange their own accommodation, you are welcome.)

If you want to book your spot please email me korrie@caneworld.co.za

Who will benefit from attending this workshop.
    Every fly fisher.
    This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn from the very best.
    Advanced dry fly and nymphing techniques.
    The latest secrets and flies from the competition fly fishers.

Email me ASAP to book your spot. korrie@caneworld.co.za

(PS: this have been cleared with Phillip)
    Hello Korrie,

I sent you an e-mail, let me know what you think!

This is amazing Korrie. Wish I could attend, but seeing that there is no EC dates makes it impossible for me

Anyone not going sure is going to miss out!! One thing though, who is Said Yahiaou?
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Interpreter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    Interpreter.
    Said You ja ....
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    One thing though, who is Said Yahiaou?
    Said is French-Algerian (Algeria was a French colony) and is (was?) the French Team Captain for many years. He is very knowledgable and informative in his own right. Good English too and a genuinely nice guy.

On Pascal - to reinforce what Korrie has said, given an opportunity to learn from Pascal *in South Africa* is something that should not be missed.
    As one of the best competitive flyfishers in the world, what can be learned from him in regards to technical fishing (dry fly, French nymphing) as well as leaders & approach is invaluable.

I attended the Czech nymphing course with Jiri Klima and have already booked my place for this one.

Korrie deserves BIG credit for pulling this off.
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

Quote Originally Posted by GGY View Post
    Said is French-Algerian (Algeria was a French colony) and is (was?) the French Team Captain for many years. He is very knowledgable and informative in his own right. Good English too and a genuinely nice guy.

On Pascal - to reinforce what Korrie has said, given an opportunity to learn from Pascal *in South Africa* is something that should not be missed.
    As one of the best competitive flyfishers in the world, what can be learned from him in regards to technical fishing (dry fly, French nymphing) as well as leaders & approach is invaluable.

I attended the Czech nymphing course with Jiri Klima and have already booked my place for this one.

Korrie deserves BIG credit for pulling this off.
    yup, looking forward to it!
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

AWESOME!!!! Spot booked! Well done Korrie!
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Excellent. This will be great to experience.

Korrie gaan jy weer Eastco gebruik of wat is die plan?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast