Thread: Underburg - umzimkulu river lodge

Default Underburg - umzimkulu river lodge

Hi Guys,

This easter I will be making my annual return to underburg and the umzimkulu river.. Each year we stay at a new spot and this year its the umzimkulu river lodge..

Has anyone fished the water at this venue before ? is there a lot of rod pressure ?
    I have arranged water further up stream but it would be nice to know if its worth a try..

thanks !
    Nic

Have not fished much of the Umzimkulu but think it is one of the most awesome rivers in S.A.Share some Pics and tales of your previous trips.Would like to see what comes out of this river and where the better fishing/accomodation is.

Has anyone fished the water at this venue before ? is there a lot of rod pressure ?
    I have arranged water further up stream but it would be nice to know if its worth a try..

Eya Nic, you should have an absolute jol fishing close to URL...but why head upstream?
    Rather walk down stream, to the legendary thrombosis gorge - there's a huge deep pool there, and cause it's a MISSION to walk into the gorge you'll be the only person there + (and a capital letter '+') is you should have a good chance to also land some serious scalies (yellowfish).