Default The Jihad

Hook: Dohiku J # (Wet)
    Bead: Slotted Tungsten
    Thorax: UV2 Seal-X Black
    Abdomen: Ice Dub UV Dark Olive
    Tail: CDL Dark Pardo
    Rib: Copper Wire (thin)
    Shellback/Wingcase: UV Flashabou 6904

Last edited by smallstreams.co.za; 29-03-13 at 10:58 AM.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Fish with an EARP trailing behind it - enjoy
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Very nice tie, love the materials here, will also with that hook type and weighted bead flip hook point up.
    DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Very VERY nice Mario!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Sweet tie man! That's a very sexy looking fly! Good job!
    Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time...

Mario, this version is slightly different to the the dressing you show on Tom's website - here you omit the legs. Which one do you prefer?
    Mike Mitchley

Quote Originally Posted by muddler View Post
    Mario, this version is slightly different to the the dressing you show on Tom's website - here you omit the legs. Which one do you prefer?
    Hi Mike - with the UV2 I leave the flash legs out. Without the UV thorax I use the UV flash legs.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Have a question for you guys do you think it matters what side you tie in the flash? The hook will be riding hook point up so in essence upside down, I normally try and tie the flash in on the other side, however out of habit I often tie it as the fly above! I don't think the fish care...?

Awesome looking fly Mario. And well put together. Shot for that.
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pipe View Post
    Have a question for you guys do you think it matters what side you tie in the flash? The hook will be riding hook point up so in essence upside down, I normally try and tie the flash in on the other side, however out of habit I often tie it as the fly above! I don't think the fish care...?
    Have you ever seen a nymph being washed downstream with poise and grace ?
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast