Thread: uMzimkulwana action

Default uMzimkulwana action

Keen to christen my Sage TXL-F 0 wt that I had built up last year, we headed down to Underberg over this past long weekend. My father in-law has a stretch of the uMzimkulwana flowing through his farm. Fishing on Friday and Saturday was very productive. The rainbows were rising keenly to parachute RABs. Unfortunately the heavens opened on Saturday night and the river level rose quite substantially putting an end to my dry fly efforts. All in all it was a fantastic weekend. I have attached a few pictures taken over the weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wyatt; 03-04-13 at 08:28 PM.

Lucky man to have in laws with such an "assest"
    Looks like a lovely stretch of water.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Keen to christen my Sage TXL-F 0 wt that I had built up last year, we headed down to Underberg over this past long weekend. My father in-law has a stretch of the uMzimkulwana flowing through his farm. Fishing on Friday and Saturday was very productive. The rainbows were rising keenly to parachute RABs. Unfortunately the heavens opened on Saturday night and the river level rose quite substantially putting an end to my dry fly efforts. All in all it was a fantastic weekend. I have attached a few pictures taken over the weekend.
    Hey Wyatt, WELCOME to the forums, even though you have been here since 2006. Good to see that lurkers post eventually.

You mentioned that you had your Sage built up last year, I'm sure the rod builders on the forum would really appreciate pictures of the build, as well as the specifics of the various components. The rod building section has been quiet for far too long.

I'm looking forward to your continued input into the various threads on the forums.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Hi Herman, thank you for the welcome. It was about time that I posted on the forum and will continue to do so.
    .P.S. My Sage was built by a rob builder here in Johannesburg - I wish I could claim to be that talented.
    Cheers,
    Barry

Hey Barry, nice rod you had built, good pics of your trip. Now that you "LURK NO MORE", WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!! belated as this may be.:wink: But be assured, Herman and co(including me) will want those pics of your rod etc, and if we chirp you about anything, welcome to THE forum.:biggrin:
    DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by herman jooste View Post
    hey wyatt, welcome to the forums, even though you have been here since 2006. Good to see that lurkers post eventually.

You mentioned that you had your sage built up last year, i'm sure the rod builders on the forum would really appreciate pictures of the build, as well as the specifics of the various components. The rod building section has been quiet for far too long.

I'm looking forward to your continued input into the various threads on the forums.
    wanker!!!!
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

welcome wyatt...lovely piece of water that and some nice fish as well...would have been fun on that 0wt

hope to hear more from you going forward.
    bushveld scalies - worth the blood, sweat and tears

Well done Barry! Great fish man! You've been talking about that trip for weeks now! Glad it panned out so well......now you just have to take me there some day!